Bbc Fta Reception In Poland

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Hallo everyone,

I have decided to start a new thread due to wide popularity of BBC channels in Poland. I have contacted to many sat freaks in my country to discuss possibility of receiving mentioned above channels. Some of them reported to have received different polarisations in different part of the country. In western part you can pick H easily using even 1,2 m dish. In my area which is southern part (Krakow) you have to use at least 1,5 m dish, but only V can be viewed. In order to watch H you have to install at least 1,8 and there is no guarantee to watch it clearly. I myself have just bought 1,8m parabolic dish to verify whether it can be picked or not. As soon as i have it fixed, i will shoot a few pictures to show you the results.

If there is anyone here from this part of the world, who wants to share some experiance, please do not hesistate and drop in some news :)

regards

IGGY

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Will be interested to hear your results Iggy, Will also add them to the main 2D thread when completed.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
I just found 2 raports on reception of BBC channels in Poland

Krakow & Rymanow Zdroj (South east) Humax IRCI-5400ZPolish offset dish R270 (2,4x2,7m)LNB Golden Interstar GI-201 0.3dB & MTI AP8 T2Posted 17-08-03We checked the possibility of receiving BBC FTA channels from Astra 2D in south-east Poland on large Polish dishes.In Rymanow Zdroj (between Krosno and Sanok on map) we received on 9.08.2003 BBC channels from Vertical transponders, using a large Polish offset dish R270 (2,4x2,7m).No problems with reception using Golden Interstar GI-201 0.3dB or MTI AP8 T2 LNBs. In Krakow we tested R150PM on Humax IRCI-5400Z. In Rymanow Zdroj we used special measuring (BEC,C/N, etc) - AD70 and ID Digital CI-20E.Janusz S.Legionowo - Near WarsawNokia dbox11.8m offset dishLNB Sharp 0.6dBPosted 30-05-03Reception: Weak signals in Vertical, around 38..3F in dbox signal meter. Horizontal not available, only one day a few transponders in H were received.
W.Z.

lutek lobster

Reaction score
Iggy, good idea. The reports you show...note that Janusz S works for Hollex...so may not be entirely independent.

The Cork Pub in Warsaw has bbc (Cymru version at least, which must be due to Kev's card), and I'm reasonably sure he's got a 3m dish on his roof, possibly sourced via hollex.

I hadn't even thought of trying out a 1.2 m dish, but will be tinkering around in the mazury region in the next few weeks, so might haul my old dish up there and give it a try.

Cheers,

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
lutek lobster said:
Iggy, good idea. The reports you show...note that Janusz S works for Hollex...so may not be entirely independent.

The Cork Pub in Warsaw has bbc (Cymru version at least, which must be due to Kev's card), and I'm reasonably sure he's got a 3m dish on his roof, possibly sourced via hollex.

I hadn't even thought of trying out a 1.2 m dish, but will be tinkering around in the mazury region in the next few weeks, so might haul my old dish up there and give it a try.

Cheers,

Hi Lutek,

Thx for reply, I spoke to those guys from Hollex a couple of days ago regarding their tests using 2,7 meter dish. I am sure they didn't give me a shit, from the other sources i know that receiving BBC on 2,7m in eastern Poland is feasible. I also found some pictures from Warsaw, where some Brit installed the same 2,7 dish and reported that both polarizations were viewed. H had weaker signal and sometimes picture was cutting up. I'll try to find those pics to show how funny it looked, such a big piece of dish in the middle of the garden :)

I am in the middle of installing 1,8m dish in Krakow, hopefully next week i should be done with it. Keep ur fingers crossed :cool:

It is highly unlikely that you pick something from 2d in Mazury trying out 1,2m. If Mazury were near to german border, then you would be capable of watching BBC, then forget about it. Mazury at least 2,0m !!!

lutek lobster

Reaction score
iggy said:
Hi Lutek,

It is highly unlikely that you pick something from 2d in Mazury trying out 1,2m. If Mazury were near to german border, then you would be capable of watching BBC, then forget about it. Mazury at least 2,0m !!!

Ho ho, there was a time when Mazury was inside the German borders!!

I am aware of the photos you refer to, that was when my normally tolerant wife told me not to even think about it.

Good luck in Krakow, I enjoyed my days there.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
lutek lobster said:
Ho ho, there was a time when Mazury was inside the German borders!!

......Fortunately it was as long ago as we dont wanna mention that...

You know that guy with 2,7m dish in a garden by any chance?????

lutek lobster

Reaction score
iggy said:
......Fortunately it was as long ago as we dont wanna mention that...

You know that guy with 2,7m dish in a garden by any chance?????

Yes, indeed thankfully long ago in the past. I don't know this guy...I found an email address for him once, but he never responded.

The only working 2d example I know of in Poland is at the Cork Pub here in warsaw, and if you're interested call Kev and I'm sure he'll be happy to discuss.

As it happens I live just one k from the Cork, and I''ve often thought about trying to get a local loop of some sort established to allow me to piggy back off his big dish, but I don't know where to start.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
lutek lobster said:
As it happens I live just one k from the Cork, and I''ve often thought about trying to get a local loop of some sort established to allow me to piggy back off his big dish, but I don't know where to start.

LNB needs to have two ouputs.

High Frequency RF wouldn't travel down a 1K cable very well!

One output goes to Pub receiver. The other one to yours, proabably leave your receiver tucked away in the pub. Then use something like this with modified transmission capablities: _http://www.letsautomate.com/10637.cfm
or something like this: _http://www.vfmstore.com/tr24.htm. The philips box relays remote signals back to the receiver...

A whole host of options, hopefully cheaper than your own 2.7M dish.

-cts

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
As i promised, i am posting pictures of 2,7m dish somewhere in Warsaw/Poland

Owner of that dish had to dig a 185cm hole which was approx 1m square.

According to the owner, upon completion he has all channels from Astra 2d although those which are sent as H signals are markedly weaker and so the picture goes from about 9pm to 6am sadly!

Warsaw_b.jpg

Warsaw_c.jpg

Warsaw_e.jpg

Warsaw_f.jpg

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Anyone got any experience of that dish? does it perform good?

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Likvid said:
Anyone got any experience of that dish? does it perform good?

The dish is made of some form of laminate (the firm which produces them is called 'Laminas' from Krosno, South East Poland) 0048 13 436 20 67 and is an offset 270 cm.

I have a friend who owns this dish and he seems to be very happy with it. It is one of the best dishes in its kind. It's got a very good reviews in different sat magazines

rgds

Iggy

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
my friend has a 1.2m dish in poland and recieves the bbc chans fine i know for sure

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
D4ftpunk said:
my friend has a 1.2m dish in poland and recieves the bbc chans fine i know for sure

And where in Poland might that be?!?

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
steffan_st said:
And where in Poland might that be?!?

Szczecin, Slubice - western part near to german border

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
What does the 2.7m dish cost?

Edit: Looked at Laminas site, it's not 2.7m, it's a 2.440 meter dish.

iggy said:
The dish is made of some form of laminate (the firm which produces them is called 'Laminas' from Krosno, South East Poland) 0048 13 436 20 67 and is an offset 270 cm.

I have a friend who owns this dish and he seems to be very happy with it. It is one of the best dishes in its kind. It's got a very good reviews in different sat magazines

rgds

Iggy

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Are you planning to put one of those on your balcony Likvid? :D

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I might want one when i move in the future to a house.

steffan_st said:
Are you planning to put one of those on your balcony Likvid? :D

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
hopefully my 1,8m dish, which is not installed yet, is going to be enough to pick at least V signals. I should perform some tests some time next week. Keep your fingers crossed !!

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
iggy said:
hopefully my 1,8m dish, which is not installed yet, is going to be enough to pick at least V signals. I should perform some tests some time next week. Keep your fingers crossed !!

I finally installed my 1.8m parabolic dish......

Good news guys, i receive all V transponders with signal strenght of 75%. It's 22 20 cet and picture is still perfect, it appears that V signals can be watched 24/7. With regard to H transponders, unfortunately nothing can be picked - shame

I dont know what is the manufacturer of my diish, but it seems to be very good of quality, LNB iis Grundig C-120 0,6 db, not the best one, but does the job.

anyway, I am happy to receive at least BBC ONE, ITV3 and some more, and still i can watch them continuosly