Bbc Fta Reception In Poland

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Glad to hear that you got a result Iggy, will add this to the main Astra2D thread reports post. :)

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Hi guys,

Here are some pics of my new setup - that big round thing picks V signals from Astra 2D. To prove you that, i attached screenshots of the received channels

7.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Nice of you to post pictures Iggy,it's a pity you can't get the horisontal transponders though.BBC 4 is the best of them all in my opinion.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Hi Iggy,

There is just one thing that I don't follow with your setup - I don't see a feedhorn?

attachment.php

Maybe that's why you don't pickup everything.

I am going to hazzard a guess that all C-120 LNB's rely on the feedhorn for weather protection:) Notice the seal in the plastice bag.

attachment.php

[edit] As I understand it, the LNB can be any make whilst the feedhorn is designed for the dish. Eitherway, its usually a two piece affair.

Maybe some of the other guys here can offer better advice.

Still, you can receive the BBC - and that's something:D .

Regards,

Mark.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
mljgmljg said:
Hi Iggy,

There is just one thing that I don't follow with your setup - I don't see a feedhorn?

attachment.php

Maybe that's why you don't pickup everything.

And, judging by this next picture - this particular LNB doesn't look all that weather resistant (on the front). Correct?

attachment.php

Still, some'inks better than nuffink.

Regards,

Mark.

Apparently my setup doesn't need one :) , this is the best i can get out of it, don't think that long feedhorn would help at all. In fact there is short feedhorn, which you perhaps can not see there. To the best of my knowledge, there is no chance to pick H transponders in my location, some said that 180 was not enough to pick even V signals, in fact i receive all V's 24 hours a day.

with regard to its weather resistance, my lnb is well sealed, it has got that rubber band in between feedhorn and main lnb, yesterday it was pissing outside and looks like my lnb survived :)

regards

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
The feedhorn in the picture looks massive to me, LOL. It didn't look like you had one.

Since you have a feedhorn, its sealed, you've clearly done your homework and can receive more BBC channels than I can in Berlin - I guess your sorted :D

I am bubbling with envy. Looks like a nice area to live in; with the water and all.

[edit] How did you align the dish? By eye/hand or with special instruments?

Have Fun,

Mark.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
The feedhorn on your picture is meant for an offset antenna,you can't use that on a prime focus like yours!

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
mljgmljg said:
Since you have a feedhorn, its sealed, you've clearly done your homework and can receive more BBC channels than I can in Berlin - I guess your sorted :D

I am suprised, you should be able to pick both H and V in Berlin, according to the footprint you should easily reveive all BBC's on 150cm dish, maybe you should try harder, i spent a little while on aligning my dish

take care

I used the most basic signal meter and to be honest - i was lucky

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
The comment before this might be of use to you.

As for Berlin - well, I tried a 120cm dish and managed to receive a blocky Childrens ITV for about 10 minutes. I only did it for the sake of the BBC channels:rolleyes:

So I deemed the whole exercise pointless. Needless to say, I have since moved and have better access to the roof. When, and if, I stumble upon a gazillion euros for a stand - I might give it another go. Meanwhile, CHA4 and Five satisfy my desires - Channel 5 literally.

A 240cm dish is the optimal size for this neck of the woods.

Regards,

Mark.

anton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
iggy said:
anyway, I am happy to receive at least BBC ONE, ITV3 and some more, and still i can watch them continuosly

Iggy,
can you please specify 'some more' , anything else you get off 2D, most importantly do you get any ITV1 and ITV2, it seems some of them are on V polarized freqs too, namely 10 906 V (which presumably is where you get ITV3 from)

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
anton said:
Iggy,
can you please specify 'some more' , anything else you get off 2D, most importantly do you get any ITV1 and ITV2, it seems some of them are on V polarized freqs too, namely 10 906 V (which presumably is where you get ITV3 from)

I do receive the signal of ITV channels, but i do not suscribe to SKY Digital therefore picture is black. The only ITV channel i pick is ITV3 which is watchable clearly all the day long

rgds

lutek lobster

Reaction score
Iggy, I see you're a stone's throw from Wawel...i used to live beside blonie on emaus...I'm envious, Krakow is a great city full of wonderful people.

I'm tempted to try in warsaw, but i remember from years back that reception was always better in Krakow - pre digi days, it used to be that sky sports could be received in krakow but not warsaw.

All - Is there any scientific way of establishing how warsaw's location is placed vis a vis the footprint compared to krakow?

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
lutek lobster said:
Iggy, I see you're a stone's throw from Wawel...i used to live beside blonie on emaus...I'm envious, Krakow is a great city full of wonderful people.

I'm tempted to try in warsaw, but i remember from years back that reception was always better in Krakow - pre digi days, it used to be that sky sports could be received in krakow but not warsaw.

All - Is there any scientific way of establishing how warsaw's location is placed vis a vis the footprint compared to krakow?

I can see Emaus out of my front window, basiically i am based in between Wawel and Emaus. Its really nice area to live in. I occupy top floor wiith terrace.

Referring to Astra 2D coverage there are really strange things happening outside of main footprint. You can not really predict where the reception should be better. There is no rational expleination to it. In theory Warsaw should have better reception because optically is nearer to footprint then Krakow, but in practise is totally in reverse. So my advice to you is find someone with 1,8m dish to check whether it is pickable or not, then you will have an answer. I will check with the boys down here _http://skysunsat.tivi.pl/index.php?c=1&sid=e035d3fd5bb88a0ac3944dc854805d43. I'll let you know as soon as i find out sth in that matter
take care

Graemeh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish for Sky package in Poland
Guys

Im based in Wroclaw, SW Poland and would like to know if any of you have any experience of receiving BBC or ITV down this neck of the woods. I am hoping a 1.5 or 1.8 m dish will do the trick but Im very new to this so any help gratefully accepted.
thanks

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Graemeh said:
Guys

Im based in Wroclaw, SW Poland and would like to know if any of you have any experience of receiving BBC or ITV down this neck of the woods. I am hoping a 1.5 or 1.8 m dish will do the trick but Im very new to this so any help gratefully accepted.
thanks

Friend of mine who is based around 100 km from Wroclaw, receives easily H signals using 1,6 prime focus dish so that i reckon you should pick them easily too

Graemeh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish for Sky package in Poland
iggy said:
Friend of mine who is based around 100 km from Wroclaw, receives easily H signals using 1,6 prime focus dish so that i reckon you should pick them easily too

Iggy, thnx for that. Any idea where your friend got his dish from and what other kit he is using?

This is starting to look veryyyy goooodddddddd

oh, by the way, its a sunny day here, climbing towards 32C:D

Thanx Graeme

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Graemeh said:
Iggy, thnx for that. Any idea where your friend got his dish from and what other kit he is using?

This is starting to look veryyyy goooodddddddd

oh, by the way, its a sunny day here, climbing towards 32C:D

Thanx Graeme

Graeme, as far as i remember he has got some 10 years old prime focus dish, if you are thinking of buying one, visit www.hollex.pl, they have wide range of various dishes, but the prices are not too low for bigger sizes, you can also try here www.allegro.pl , maybe you will find something second hand, i myself bought 1,8 prime focus for 10 quits, so try to find a bargain and you'll be sorted

take care

Malama

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently 90 cm Dish for Astra 1x & Hotbird 13
My Location
Poland
I'm based in Katowice and am wondering how to pick up the whole Sky package. Will a Dish > 2 m suffice for both H and V?

Cheers,
M.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Malama said:
I'm based in Katowice and am wondering how to pick up the whole Sky package. Will a Dish > 2 m suffice for both H and V?

Cheers,
M.

Not big enough, in order to receive both polarizations you should have at least 2,4 offset dish.That size guarantees decent reception.

Malama

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently 90 cm Dish for Astra 1x & Hotbird 13
My Location
Poland
What else would there be to consider (LNB etc.)? Have you any tips on buying a dish? How much would that thing cost?