Bbc Fta Reception In Poland

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Malama said:
What else would there be to consider (LNB etc.)? Have you any tips on buying a dish? How much would that thing cost?

Unfortunately that size of dish is not the cheapest one. here is the link, where you can buy such dish: _http://www.hollex.pl/index.php?page=prod&kat=54&id=119 Besides of the dish, LNB is also very important. On the same web page you can get one of the best LNB's currently available on the market. The mentioned LNB is named as Maximum 0.2 db and I can definitely recommend it to you

Malama

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently 90 cm Dish for Astra 1x & Hotbird 13
My Location
Poland
That dish got only a 1 star rating - is it really that good?

Cheers!

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Hallo guys,

Have any of you noticed a difference in signal strenght on 2D H tansponders???? Normally i do not receive any signal from H's at this hour but today something exceptional is going on. I am having 100 % signal strenght on certain channals like BBC NEWS 24, BBC1 London. It looks really strange cause i can hardly receive any H signal in my location . Do any of you have any answer to it?

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Sorry iggy this isn't an answer to your post.

I just want to say 180cm - POLAND!!!!!!

You lucky bugger.:D

Maybe this is my year to finally upgrade - I'm in Berlin.

Can you remember the cost of the dish (are your details in the big survey?)

Have Fun,

Mark.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
mljgmljg said:
Sorry iggy this isn't an answer to your post.

I just want to say 180cm - POLAND!!!!!!

You lucky bugger.:D

Maybe this is my year to finally upgrade - I'm in Berlin.

Can you remember the cost of the dish (are your details in the big survey?)

Have Fun,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Its 17 30 at the moment and the H signal is breaking up as predicted, but still, V is receivable 24/7

I bought my dish second hand and paid for it ....20 Euro :) that was a bargain - the previous owner didn't have a clue how valueable it could be to people like us.....

I spent a lot of time tweaking my set-up but it was worth while

Ofcourse they are in the Big Survey, I was one of the first ones participating in it - to be precise with you - i am based in Krakow

Take care

Iggy

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Wow, it's been almost 2 years since the last post was published here :)

Today I replaced my old Invacom with new Maximum SF-100 single LNB. A new LNB is fit to my 115 cm offset dish. It wouldn't be so interesting as it turned out that all V transponders of Astra 2D appeared while Invacom couldn't show any sign of 2D. It's almost 8 PM and signal is still very strong. It looks like some LNB's may work wonders :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's good news iggy, interesting that a change of LNB can make so much difference. :)

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
rolfw said:
........interesting that a change of LNB can make so much difference. :)

Apparently it does make that significant change though it's hard to believe in it :)

sat345rg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
no dish
My Location
spain
Hello Iggy.
Do you mean with this Maximum lnb on a 115cm dish you get the same results of a 1.8m dish?
Can you clarify on this,what's the difference in Vertical tp reception against the Invacom?

suefortecstar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Platinum
My Location
Italy
On the new BBC channels for Poland the original audio is over laid with a narrative of the script read by one person in Polish.
Has anyone any suggestions of how to get just the original feed?
Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You cant on the 13E channels :D

You would need a whacking great dish in your garden for 28E

suefortecstar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Platinum
My Location
Italy
Thanks for the reply
I don't know why the Poles put up with it on a pay package, at least it should be properly dubbed with a female voice for a female character!
As a brit abroad it is our choice to live in an area that gets such bad tv programs.
Still keeping my fingers crossed that we will get something on freesat.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:confused

Freesat isnt going to do anything for our fringe reception expats. If you are expecting all the BBC & ITV stuff to magically appear on Eurobird 1 you are going to be sorely disappointed!

Lektoring (dubbing with a single voiceover) is a long accepted part of the Polish TV scene.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
sat345rg said:
Hello Iggy.
Do you mean with this Maximum lnb on a 115cm dish you get the same results of a 1.8m dish?
Can you clarify on this,what's the difference in Vertical tp reception against the Invacom?

Maximum LNB seems to be much more sensitive on low frequencies while Invacom couldn't pick anything from 2D. Having used my 115 cm MABO dish, I am able to receive V transponders all the day long. After 23 CET signal begins to crack up while 180 cm prime focus does its job all the day and night long. The difference obviously is noticeable in favour of bigger dish.

koansrc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 3.0m @ 28.2 w PACE
My Location
Athens-Greece
iggy said:
Apparently it does make that significant change though it's hard to believe in it :)

I have used this lnb in Athens and it works well with a 1.35 gregorian.

sat345rg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
no dish
My Location
spain
Hi Iggy.
Really impressive.
Is a twin version of this Maximum lnb available?
Have you compared it with other known brands
such as the MTI blueline?

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I have a few dishes in my back garden and on each one over the LNB I have pushed half of a two litre plastic bottle to protect the LNB from the elements.
My neighbour who is Polish has just set up a Lidl dish in his back garden to get the Polish stuff on Hotbird and I noticed today that he also has pushed half a plastic bottle over his LNB.

Well they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Is he using the plastic bottle to protect the LNB or does he think he must have it to get a signal ???????? :-HoHo

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
sat345rg said:
Hi Iggy.
Really impressive.
Is a twin version of this Maximum lnb available?
Have you compared it with other known brands
such as the MTI blueline?

As far as known brands are concerned, I compared it with Invacom only and to be honest Invacom which is way more expensive, can't be compared with Maximum SF-100 at all. I dumped Invacom as soon as I pulled it off the dish, It's worthless when you put it alongside with Maximum. In fact Maximum is based on MTI technology so it's no wonder that they are of that brilliant quality.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Milkybarkid said:
....My neighbour who is Polish has just set up a Lidl dish in his back garden .....

How do you know it was a LIDL dish??? Does it have a LIDL logo on it????

Jozefone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish thompson reciever skydigibox
Sky Freeview card
My Location
South West Poland
Hi,

Do you what size dish I would need to get bbs and itv in the Nysa area of SW Poland. Have got CH4 and 5 + CNN etc.. but cannot get BBC and ITV normal tv programmes. Have Thompson reciever with 1m dish and Sky Feeview card

Thanks