BBC gone!

oldbiddy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have seen in a newsgroup that someone at BBC was quoted as saying "we should have this fixed in 24 hours" and a private technician was told by Sky not to bother trying to realign any dish until after this Wednesday (28th) so your wait and see plan may have merit :)

Viewers sure are getting the mushroom treatment here!
(feed 'em s**t* and keep 'em in the dark)

*sigh*
:(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes these weaker transmissions certainly show up the differences in the LNBs, but many of these problems may also disappear if the power has been increased. We wait and see. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive just had confirmation from a BBC insider today

No further power variations are to be initiated, nor footprint adjustments, unless there is approval from BSKYB as they continue to have some transponder capacity on 2D

So they are still tied in it seems

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but does that confirm whether it has been increased already?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
@skytech uk

I have a very good relationship with Newtech, their equipment doesent need advertising in the way you are trying. Please provide constructive reasoning in your responses from now on and we will get along fine

Better still - why not help sponser the site and get some advertising space in with it ?