BBC & Itv not receivable here in Vienna, Austria!? But why they lower the signal?

weakbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90 Wavefrontier 5°;0,8°W-4,8°7°;9°;10°;13°;16°;19,2°;21,5°;23,6°;26°;31,5°;33;39°;42°
My Location
Vienna Austria
Hello to all! This is my first post.
After changing the Power or the Beam Direction of the 28,2°E Satellite I can't receive the BBC & Itv never.
This means the BBC and Itv will not share the signal with the other in Europe living people. So what can I do to receive the signal?
Is there a possible way to receive the signal from a other satellite in the same quality?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are transmissions from 27W, but encrypted in BISS, you are though on the fringe of that beam also. Only other method is streaming.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
A few options: a bigger dish, from 27.5west (but we can't and won't discuss that method here) or a Kabelio subscription on 13east.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This means the BBC and Itv will not share the signal with the other in Europe living people. So what can I do to receive the signal?
Is there a possible way to receive the signal from a other satellite in the same quality?
Move further west?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
This means the BBC and Itv will not share the signal with the other in Europe living people.
You are probably better off not receiving their biased news and programming which UK citizens are forced to pay for.

weakbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90 Wavefrontier 5°;0,8°W-4,8°7°;9°;10°;13°;16°;19,2°;21,5°;23,6°;26°;31,5°;33;39°;42°
My Location
Vienna Austria
@Topper - Well and do you think that the ORF (Astrian State Channel) is not biased? They tell you not the full story they omit something and change the story to a "non information". This is also known here but if you watching different channels from different states the truth is in the middle way.
That is also true the UK is drifting to the West and share the values with there friends.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A few options: a bigger dish, from 27.5west (but we can't and won't discuss that method here) or a Kabelio subscription on 13east.
I would suggest keeping the first dish, and install a second, larger one dedicated to 28 East alongside.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The UK channels do not have the transmission rights to broadcast their programmes to the whole of Europe (mainly sports & movies affected) therefore have to limit overspill as far as possible. Spacecraft spotbeam technology has advanced enough the make fairly tight spotbeams a practicality, so the broadcasters use them.

weakbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Vienna Austria
@Analoguesat - "The UK cannels do not have the transmission rights" - If I install a 2,7m dish here in Vienna so I can see it again and it is not crypted. This is a political position that the change the Beam and not a Copyright problem. Why they don't crypt the program? so UK television users must pay more and more and they TV channels can't push in there advertisement into the heads of TV users.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
@Analoguesat - "The UK cannels do not have the transmission rights" - If I install a 2,7m dish here in Vienna so I can see it again and it is not crypted. This is a political position that the change the Beam and not a Copyright problem. Why they don't crypt the program? so UK television users must pay more and more and they TV channels can't push in there advertisement into the heads of TV users.
No you are incorrect they do have distribution restrictions, UK viewers already pay a TV license to watch the channels we receive, that is why there is a restriction, it is nothing political

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I can't understand your argument, regarding it being a political decision, to have English, FTA, satellite channels broadcasting using a spot beam.
For many years the U.S. film industry, have actively fought, to stop transmission, of their films, from being available to other countries, via satellite, so that they can sell their films, television series, to each country individually, to make more money, and now that the technology is available, to use spot beams, they are using it.

Personally I don't watch British television, so wouldn't be upset if all the channels were encrypted, but even if they were English channels should not be available overseas. Of course many people, and companies, have gotten round this problem by registering cards in the host country, and shipping them pre-activated elsewhere.