BBC who thinks this is right

nephilim

Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2003
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
Visit site
Prity peed off
well who agrees with me say i live in france or italy no need to pay a tv licene eh to view bbc channels well i pay mine so a think thay should make bbc free to every one at least the french dont get a 1000 pound fine for even sniffing at it and who the feck watches it eny way its got crap progs on it and a pay for that to 'O'-red
 
O

Old Fred

Guest
nephilim said:
Prity peed off
a think thay should make bbc free to every one at least the french
I disagree. Why should they let the French watch BBC for free?
 

methos_de

Regular Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
164
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
46
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
nephilim said:
Prity peed off
a think thay should make bbc free to every one at least the french dont get a 1000 pound fine for even sniffing at it and who the feck watches it eny way its got crap progs on it and a pay for that to 'O'-red
The BBC is free to everyone outside the UK if able to receive the signals.
 

thomo

Regular Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
nephilim said:
Prity peed off
well who agrees with me say i live in france or italy no need to pay a tv licene eh to view bbc channels well i pay mine so a think thay should make bbc free to every one at least the french dont get a 1000 pound fine for even sniffing at it and who the feck watches it eny way its got crap progs on it and a pay for that to 'O'-red


i think you will find that majority of the people viewing bbc overseas, also pay the tv licence
 

jimbo

Retired Mod
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,482
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
71
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Well I live in the UK and pay £116 a year for a TV licence. I would have to, whether or not I want to watch BBC and, if I don't pay, then I would be subject to a fine of up to £1,000. I wish it was free too.
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Joined
May 1, 1999
Messages
38,091
Reaction score
1,462
Points
113
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Let's face it, the TV licence is really just a tax, although a percentage of it goes to run our (UK) public broadcast channels (BBC), it is a tax on television viewing in general, not just watching the BBC.

I believe that several other countries in Eurpoe have similar taxes, so really can't see where the problem is.
 
Top