Bbc Worldwide

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
TOSIBIA HDD/dvd freeview recoder combi .
FTA 28e & 13e satellete system
My Location
Blackpool, Lancashire, England
Is it true that BBC WORLDWIDE has control of ANIMAL PLANET on the international market, and if so could it be put on FREESAT and operating on a differant codec to $ky. This would be HD version of the channel althougth i can hear $ky shouting foul play if it was to happen.

Another option would be that BBC WOULDWIDE make's a seperate bid for one of the HD commercial starting in the GRANARDA area next year. If they were successful then OFCOM will have to give extra multiflex on FREEVIEW:-rofl2:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Animal Planet is part of the Discovery Network's portfolio. Although AN & BBC Worldwide work closely together as far as Im aware AN is not controlled by the BBC anywhere.

Your second para doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Ofcom have made the decision that FreeView MUX B will be the HDTV multiplex and theres room for about 4 hdtv services on there (BBC ITV C4 & C5). Ofcom will only award more muxes IF the broadcasters win the spectrum in competitive tender when they go to auction..

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
Thank's for your reply. ANALOUGESAT

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
Opps I Meant Analoguesat

Bond

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview, Freesat
My Location
London
BBC Worldwide does indeed co-own 'Animal Planet' and 'People + Arts' with Discovery in some territories, such as Latin America.

_http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/channels/animalplanet.shtml

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
Bond said:
BBC Worldwide does indeed co-own 'Animal Planet' and 'People + Arts' with Discovery in some territories, such as Latin America.

_http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/channels/animalplanet.shtml

But if BBC WORLDWIDE could broadcast the above onto 2D with a differant coding than sky and rebroadcast them so that they carry BBC ads for its channels, 10 min documentaries and news bulletins.:cool:

Bond

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview, Freesat
My Location
London
Animal Plant News bulletins??

Putting aside that all Discovery channels to UK are wholely owned by Discovery and you're suggesting a non-simulcast version of Animal Planet, that BBC Worldwide only joint verntures TV channels with Virgin Media in the UK, that OFCOM would have something to say about BBC News on a commercial channel to UK, etc..

BBC Worldwide is a commercial operation designed to earn the Beeb as much money as possible, so why would it put up a costly channel and then broadcast it free-to-view to a low number of HD viewers....?