Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbigvan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
p4
My Location
london
I agree with shumifan50, zulfi_78, mjamil. I don’t agree with rolfw and couple of other supporting the vendetta. Constantly I have no relation with SMS but I have privately contacted a few guy’s emails which are on the forum. SMS is the best company in UK where me and my friends buy our original receivers for over 6 years. We had no trouble from them. They have a multi cultural staff to cater multi customers in UK. Company is so honest. They only sell original Dreamboxes from Germany and DMM supports them against the pirate promoters. After reading all the replies starting from cheeky kid I have come to conclusion that somebody in the management constantly want to make them a victim. Sometimes people come on the forum just in shear frustrations. Just for a day or two and they leave their comments. These comments should be removed specially when this thing is lingering since 2006 and it’s been 4 years! Did anybody try to contact SMS regarding this? I will get in touch with them as well in all fairness. They have over 27,000 satisfied customers since 1988. I will highly recommend every one to buy original Dreamboxes from SMS. They do not operate like the others from the back of the garage or from the house selling clone Dreamboxes. They are in the business park since 1994 and they own their own building. They’ve grown from strength to strength where other companies have disappeared. Any body who wishes to answer this I will be glad to hear that they have been to their business place and enjoyed their service with free tea, coffee and juice otherwise please don’t bother because people do get influenced by reading cooked supported replies. Thanks!
nickbigvan :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Look pal, there is no vendetta, but what is dragging out this thread is SMS employees, family and friends like yourself joining up specially to post bogus customer satisfaction reports, quoting statistics which no normal customer would know or be interested in. This thread had actually died back in june last year, until one of the SMS "wellwishers" decided to bring it back to life. ;)

I'm sure they do have genuine satisfied customers, but as I said before, the best way to stop a thread like this in its tracks, is to address the problems, so that people who are unhappy are promptly and fairly sorted out and post to say that this has happened.

PS. I'd like to know how you contacted members of this forum by Email? Email addresses are not available to registered members. ;)

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
So you just joined on Tuesday, happened to come acrosss this thread and make your first post? And able to quote customer numbers going back 22 years?
The gentlemen doth protest too much, methinks.

A nonymous

Reaction score
The best one was the PM i had the otherday from another new member protesting at how they are being treated :-lol

I infracted him for misuse of the PM system :D

I'm not interested if this shop is any good or not as i have set companies that i buy my equipment from.

Its totally upto whoever reads this thread to make the decision for themselves.

:-beer

Nano

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well as an impartial reader, it looks very much like what goes on on sites like "Trip Advisor" (sic.) where a frank opinion of personal experience of a restaurant or hotel is followed shortly afterwards by new members stating the diametric opposite.

In this case, "shortly afterwards" seems to have been stretched a bit.

But the interchange as a whole now seems to point more positively in one direction.

What's that phrase ? "When in a hole, stop digging" ?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Tivù said:
What's that phrase ? "When in a hole, stop digging" ?
It looks worse than that. It seems that they have a couple of JCBs helping! :-rofl2

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Well, if you have a curious mind (like me) you can look at their website, copy their contact address, paste it into Google Earth, then go into street view and you'll find a tanning/beauty salon! The address cross references with the salon's website details. A bit strange when they are supposed to have been located in a business park for over 10 years.

I try to obtain supplies from firms on mainland Europe, to cut down shipping costs, so am unlikely to use the concern in question. They probably do have satisfied and dissatisfied clients, like a lot of firms. It is annoying to read however, posts with a "structured positive content". Maybe it's time this thread is locked up??

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
sonnetpete:
You obviously believe Google Earth ( i feel sorry for you) more than a real person that have been in their premises and it is NOT a beauty salon, it is a simple building with a satellite dish on the outside(no display window). I have been dealing with them for 4 years, so cannot vouch for what goes before that. Sadly, by coming to their defense, because of my good experience with them, I will most likely be labeled a colaborator, which I am not. I would not steer anybody to do business with any company that I have had any bad experience with, to the contrary. I suppose it helps that I am local to the shop and deal face to face with them, as that is always a benefit.

I have offered to try to sort out problems for anybody if they PM me with the details, or post them on this thread. I have had no PMs and all posts harp on about long gone problems.

Sorry to have to post this - but sonnetpete's post is entirely misleading and there is obviously a problem with google earth (surpise surprise).

I do agree that some of the posts seem to be by employees or close relationships and that is sad.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I for one have seen and heard enough for now, the point is the thread would never have been started if everyone had been on the ball and given customer satisfaction. Yes things do go wrong in business and even more so nowadays with the way people no longer dot the i's and cross the t's in business. No response to a promised delivery and the apparent absence of contact is always indicative of something not going quite right.
This cross bickering and cross posting will cease now as I am closing this thread so that it can slip into eternity which is where it had already gone until someone connected to the store decided to raise the issue again.

Status
Not open for further replies.