Beaver Killed in Work Accident

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Who was responsible for yelling ”TIMBER!”?

An unfortunate beaver in Vennesla municipality in southern Norway was hit by a tree, and died. – This is a totally unique case, says zoologist.

Leif Hægeland was chopping wood outdoors when he saw the tragic work accident.

– I was chopping wood outdoors when I saw a large birch felled by beavers. When I got a little closer, I saw a beaver lying crushed under the tree.http://www.nrk.no/sorlandet/_-jeg-h...-liv_-men-aldri-noe-sant-som-dette-1.12310194

He has been working as a logger for twenty-five years and tells that what he observed was really something extraordinary.

– I have seen many beavers in my life, but never anything like this, says Hægeland.

– I am not sure what might have happened. Maybe the beaver jumped to the wrong side when the tree fell, another theory is that there were two beavers, and it did not pay attention,

Editor’s Note: Our thoughts go to the beaver’s family and other hard working, uninsured animals out there who risk their lives every day.

beaver-killed-in-work-accident-norway-2.jpg

RIP

http://thornews.com/2015/04/15/beaver-killed-in-work-accident/

bim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat Thomson Tsr200 Pace 3100 Black pro quad dvbs2 80 and 100cm dishes
My Location
croatia Lat 45.3301 Lon 14.1822
:eek:Lucky man :D, unlucky Beaver, freak accident I guess RIP:(
About 3yrs ago we saw a european beaver walking across a frozen lake. I couldn't really believe my eyes as I had no idea that they were here. Have been back many times but I haven't seen one since then. I hope it wasn't the last one.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
About 3yrs ago we saw a european beaver walking across a frozen lake. I couldn't really believe my eyes as I had no idea that they were here. Have been back many times but I haven't seen one since then. I hope it wasn't the last one.
I've never seen the animal type bim, I was been lewd sorry, glad the accident wasn't the other way round
beaver felling the tree and hitting a human:eek:.

Interesting they have been seen in the wild here in the England for the first time in 500 years :),

Wild beavers seen in England for first time in centuries
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/feb/27/wild-beavers-england-devon-river

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Well, I guess that beaver didn't have a close shave, it was well and truly waxed...

dan rose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 meter commercial dish amiko nano, micro hd, multi lnb setup
My Location
usa indiana
What does a beaver put in his will? I give a dam.