Before I pull out all my hair

D

dazzanorthants

Hi All

I've just taken delivery of my Smartmouse USB. Set up the drivers and software but always said "can not detect hardware". Off I went got latest drivers ( tired lots of different version, deleted all usb and com ports and reinstalled with just Smartmouse incase of conflict. Looking at web sites it does seem this can be a problem. Anyway.. I tried third party Phoenix USB from AD Technik and at least got it to acknowledge the unit ( when I changed com port it said no device) So the comm port 3 that Smartmouse drivers set up seems to be there. But always get Error setting SmartMouse mode. after it tries to talk to the programmer. With a card in I get the message "no reader or remove card"

Can anyone help??? Please

Dazz

waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
What card a you trying to program?

jimbo

jimbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I take it you looked through the Duwgati site, Dazz.

D

dazzanorthants

waverider said:
What card a you trying to program?
Well starting with Jupiter card. But it won't even acknowledge port. I've tried 5 different 3rd party programs with no luck. The trouble is can't tell if the unit is duff. I have lights but always responses that programmer not found.

I get the feeling I've been had! I have emailed Maxking where I brought it they sent url for drivers, which I reinstalled after deleting old ones. Still nothing. Guess I should put it down to experience and head for proper supplier next time and avoid clones. Didn't know it was until the invoice arrived.

D

dazzanorthants

I am trying a Jupiter card. Using Jupiter program and a few others I have managed to get the prog to get info onto a card and an AVR. However every program that uploads Hex's won't communicate.

I have now ordered a Infinity Phoenix and Funcard 6. I have a Axas Cam and via A*cess red cam. I just want to get something working. Once I do this I can play until my hearts content.

waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
dazzanorthants said:
I am trying a Jupiter card. Using Jupiter program and a few others I have managed to get the prog to get info onto a card and an AVR. However every program that uploads Hex's won't communicate.

I have now ordered a Infinity Phoenix and Funcard 6. I have a Axas Cam and via A*cess red cam. I just want to get something working. Once I do this I can play until my hearts content.
I think you will find the Infinity progger easy to use with fun 6 files m8 a good little unit and progs cards very quick.

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Are you using a Macintosh ?

Or window 2000/xp/me ?

D

dazzanorthants

I was using Win2000 but have given up on the clone and gone for Infinity USB Phoenix. Works great USB but still can't get Comm ports to play. If I plug an old Serial mouse in the port it appears on com1 but the serial prog just doesn't get seen.

waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Are you not using your pc USB port for the Infinty?

K

KABSAT

I'm using WIN ME and have just bought a Infinity USB the soft ware is so easy to use and ive had no probs with the coms via USB.
Have you got an internal modem in your pc ? because I think the default setting is normally com 3 and this may cause a conflict error (i.e. both devices trying to look at the same port) can you set it up to use com 1 insted. You can change the modem to use a diiferent com port if it has dip switches or jumpers for changing its settings but make sure u have the instructions for it otherswise dont touch it you could end up in more trouble.

waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well I have an internal modem m8 and yes it's setting is com 3....you could try checking for conflicts in your system tools though.

D

dazzanorthants

I have a USB modem. and USB Mouse. when I plug in an old serial mouse in the port it appears on com 1 as a device. No conflicts reported. The usb works fine. I never have quite got together with com ports. I'm not sure if there is a way to test the cable or unit's com parts. It always just says port settings in correct or other device using com port. I have even tried rebooting in log mode and trying to add a device at a time.

It really shouldn't be this difficult. )(-red

waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
It sounds like you need to install a serial mouse driver, I would have thought your local pc shop should have an old floppy disc they could give you!