woodlouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2,
Fortecstar Passion HD,
moteck 2100, Lidl 80cm dish
My Location
UK
Not too sure about permanance, depends on the neighbours really. Need to keep them sweet. It would be nice to fix it up properly and maybe motorise in the fullness...

My reference to "footie nirvana" was a plea for some help in applying some mods to acheive this blissful state.
Can you help me Mr. Robinson?
I've downloaded s2emu, softcamkey and something called Krasnal that you referred to earlier. Do I need anything else?
Thanks
woody

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
NP.

Install ProgDVB (latest version from www.progdvb.com) then stick S2emu V1.1.8.0 into the root directory. Forget Krasnal for the mo, although you can run it alongside as well. Better not to though.

You'll need the most recent S*ftcam.key file you can find. Pref. from today. Mach1 is the man.

Other files you will need are shown in pic. Some are generated by using the software.

Most of these files were included in earlier versions of S2emu.

You're gonna love it.

tango

Reaction score
buy a wave front 60 cm dish you can fit 20 lnbs on the front no need for motor or planning permission .get technomate reciever with cam slot get a dragon as this will open more channels for you .free prem football on tps .no english commentry .so just listen to radio .save your self 70 quid for art card .if not buy art card for 70 for seven months.off pentacard

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
IMHO a motor will be both easier to buy, install and setup. It will also be cheaper and more flexible.

Your SS2 card has the ability to decode 4:2:2 transmissions which even the top-end domestic receivers can't, and that will allow you to chase feeds on obscure satellites when 'hacked' channels are not available.

If you haven't done so already, get over to LJ's at http://knplogic.com/sport/ and join the forum there also. 'Stanley' usually gives feed details just before a match if it's not available on any open package. The feeds as I say are often on 'odd' birds.

The video quality is maybe a little down on the SS2 compared to quality STB's, but it can do ANYTHING that anyone else can do on ANY platform once the software is released. Sometimes it's first and sometimes it's last, but it always gets released.

I use mine as a backup for my Dreambox. The Skystar is even quicker and easier to fix!

:)

woodlouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2,
Fortecstar Passion HD,
My Location
UK
Thanks STICK. I downloaded all the files and guess what?
It worked first time.
Looking forward to Chelsea match tonight. Whatever language the commentary is in, its gotta be better than chinese from pplive.
I also seem to have inadvertently acquirred some rather naughty adult channels.Oh dear.
Thanks for the link to Stanley's I'll check it out.
Woody

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:D Cool...

Glad you're now a member of the Cheap Football Club.

Shame about the result tonight. I have to say I thought Liverpool were the better side, though the ref was pants. Not pro-Liverpool... just pants.

woodlouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2,
Fortecstar Passion HD,
My Location
UK
Yep shame about the match...picture quality was good though;)

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Humax Foxsat HD+ Freesat box
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
80cm solid dish goldstar 0.3 LNB with satfinder motor
Panasonic digibox Pace digibox goldstar
80cm mesh dish, Skystar2 pc card 139 inline boosters!
My Location
south scotland
woodlouse said:
Yep shame about the match...picture quality was good though;)

Hi guys, been reading the posts with interest tonight - also in the quest for footy and fed up of the constantly buffering ESPN feeds etc. Have been looking at getting a patched technomate 1500ci+ (with possibly ART subscription) but.......

If the skystar2 pc card works fine then sounds great!

Some questions though:

Is it able to unlock most / all channels on hotbird, hispasat etc? (i.e. ART, TPS)

If not, I presume there are regular software updates available to download?

Would it also work with diseqc? (not motorized at present but thinking about it)

Would you be able to run to the pc from the loop lnb socket at the back of the silvercrest sl65?

If you also have a 'normal' tv card installed, would it work to run some co-ax to the tv to watch stuff on there instead of PC, in other words in comfort, as I didn't see an output from the card just an lnb input.

many thanks,

Mark.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
BGonaSTICK said:
Hey, you're talking to Mr Robinson Snr... I had my dish balanced on a motocross tyre by a washing line prop and some gaffer tape for a few weeks in the summer :D

A few weeks?? Bah - amateur! :-doh!

My Astra 1 dish has been sitting on a car tyre for almost 5 years. Its blown over a few times, but Ive got it in a sheltered corner, and theres a couple of wooden laths jammed into the back of it to stop it moving around. Have to admit I lie it flat and drop another old car tyre on it when severe storms are forecast - just in case. I'll be interested to see how the dishes survive this winters gales, 3 are now in a rather exposed location after next door cut some bushes down.....