Beginner

W

Whizz

I have a 90cm motorised dish with universal LNB but no decoder/receiver. I want to get one of the adult channels out there, preferable with alot of UK programming. What would be the best receiver to get? Viacass or iderto? What is a gold card? What are the download I've read about? Are the cards availabe legal (I've seen them advertised). Last but not least, whats the best place to get a receiver and card?
Cheers in advance.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Depends on what type of motorised Dish you have, Diseq or Conventional (four wire 24v) If you have a Diseq Motor Bite the bullet and buy a Humax5400 (patched) and you can watch all the mature content out there till yer arm drops off (with a 6 in 1 funcard) If conventional go for the echostar 3600 with an Irdeto embeded
Cam which can be patched to allcam/freecam (it is nearly the same as hummie for channels)Theres a lot of equivlent receivers
to the Humax5400 all about £30-£50 cheaper but with the fact that theres so many out (Hummies) with new files being wrote all the time support for the hummie is well worth the difference in price. DAVE.

W

Whizz

Forgot to mention that I have an old Pace positioner unit, so I would be able to use that to move the dish.
The dish has 4 wires from it plus the coax, does this mean conventional? Would a Humax5400 be ok? Also I'm confused by the 'Patched' also a 6 in 1 fun card?
Where , or how, are they available from?

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
The Humax would still be ok but you would need to buy a small but very clever box of tricks called a V-BOX. This will convert diseq signals into conventional 36v to drive your motor.
Hope this helps.

pixey