best box for newbie

sirrainy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky +, fortec star reciever, 80cm dish, viacess cam
My Location
leicester
hi everyone.

first of all, great forum, plenty of info and ideas. My question is (and i hope its in the right space), I'm a newbie to the world of sats etc, but very interested none the less, i,ve been reading many great posts of how to use and install. What would be the best reciever for a newbie?, i know about cams, and ci's now, so im guessing id like a reciever with at least 2 slots, could someone reccomend me one please? i have been to so many sites its a hard choice to make.

regards

pete

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
sirrainy said:
hi everyone.

first of all, great forum, plenty of info and ideas. My question is (and i hope its in the right space), I'm a newbie to the world of sats etc, but very interested none the less, i,ve been reading many great posts of how to use and install. What would be the best reciever for a newbie?, i know about cams, and ci's now, so im guessing id like a reciever with at least 2 slots, could someone reccomend me one please? i have been to so many sites its a hard choice to make.

regards

pete

Hi sirrainy, yeah the problem is that most sites are sponsored and tend to push the sponsors products so it can be confusing, i would suggest you go for the Technomate range =1500ci or the newer tm5400 for the more advanced user both have great support and ease of software applications

regards dave:):):)

sirrainy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky +, fortec star reciever, 80cm dish, viacess cam
My Location
leicester
Thanks Dave for the responce, got a techno today, 1500, 80cm dish with all the nic naks,
regards