Best cheeseburger I ever ate...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
And I made it myself... :D

I thought this section needed a new thread, so, here's my home-made cheeseburger that is just delicious and tasty and perfect for summer when it gets here next year... :D

So, here's what I used:

250g Lean (12% fat) Minced beef
1/2 teaspoon of White pepper
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
2x (well, one was so small it may well have just been 1.5x) Garlic cloves, crushed

And here's what I did:

First, make sure the meat is room temperature before mixing, otherwise it goes tough, then throw the above into a bowl, mixing with your fingertips, the strands of minced meat should break up and turn into a crumb-like mix and take on the seasoning evenly. When fully mixed, split it in half (makes 2x takeaway-sized patties, but a bit thicker), and form the halves into whatever shape you like, you can refrigerate them to firm them up, but so long as you leave them alone in whatever you cook them in or on (I fried mine), they hold their shape and don't fall apart. Cook until they look cooked to your liking, and serve... :D

I served mine in a Tesco burger kit bun (those kits are not a patch, not even a percentage of anything on MY burgers!!!) toasted lightly on both sides, with cheddar cheese grated on the top half, and with Heinz Balsamic tomato ketchup (that stuff is so nice!!), forming a nice double cheeseburger, I was going to add some smoked back bacon, but my mouth was drooling so much I had to have the burger as it was... O-Ha

Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of this, cos by the time I thought about taking a picture, it had already transported itself into the ol' gut... :-rofl2