Best HD Box for fringe reception

Chesters

Member
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Zeta Receiver, Fraccaro 85cm motorized Dish
My Location
Lincoln UK
Can anyone out there point me in the right direction regarding a new HD box with recording capability that is reasonably priced.
 
Fringe reception - in Lincoln?

I suspect we need some elucidation.
 
Can anyone out there point me in the right direction regarding a new HD box with recording capability that is reasonably priced.
Oh by the way I currently get Arabsat (MBC1,2,Action etc Plus Ethiopian TV) on my existing set-up.
 
Yeah I actually get Arabsat (MBCChannels and Ethiopian TV) using a Fracaro 85cm motorized dish and a Fortec receiver.
 
I'm using a TM6800, probably a bit long in the tooth now, but seems pretty sensitive. I suspect the later models would be similar.
 
Robbo said:
I'm using a TM6800, probably a bit long in the tooth now, but seems pretty sensitive. I suspect the later models would be similar.

Love me Technomate 6800HD+ (The "+" is not a typo, this was the last non "Super" version of the 6800 before they stopped making them & has the solo USB port at the rear & not at the front behind the card & CAM bay door like the pror models!) I would imagine they could be picked up quite cheaply on Ebay or the like. Robo, shouldnt you have a all singing & dancing Linux powered receiver?
 
Does anyone have any opinion on the Fortec passion HD box?
 
Not a lover of anything fortec, would not have one in the house, had way too many customers with faulty ones.
 
Chesters said:
Does anyone have any opinion on the Fortec passion HD box?

It has genuine problems with certain "Non standard" HD channels codec, you end up with a Black screen but perfect sound!
 
I guess i'll kick Fortec out of the equation then!!!
Here's what I would like: HD, USB/internal Hard Drive, network streaming, some kind of sensible EPG, DiSeq control and here's the rub - not expensive!!!!
 
Chesters said:
I guess i'll kick Fortec out of the equation then!!!
Here's what I would like: HD, USB/internal Hard Drive, network streaming, some kind of sensible EPG, DiSeq control and here's the rub - not expensive!!!!

Blade Media? Does all that & comes in at £145
 
..Hi friends ...
at the risk of repeating myself again ...
I can totally recommend the DrHd F15 ...
Recently Nelson brought 2 of his very sensitive receivers to my humble abode ...and we did Tests on the weak Verical transponders on Nilesat ...
At the conclusion we both agreed the F15 had the edge ..over the manhattan plaza ...and his much loved Vantage...

Certainly I haven't yet been dissappointed with its performance or sensitivity..
A couple of what _I_ consider essential features missing ...all but 1 ... correctable in firmware...
So fingers crossed they might one day be resolved.
rgds
VS
 
I can say that DR HD F16, Clarketech HD5000/5100, and their clones from technomate are NOT GOOD for fringe reception. Sensitivity is low, blind scan speed is awfull, channel management is scam.
 
BombedOne said:
I can say that DR HD F16, Clarketech HD5000/5100, and their clones from technomate are NOT GOOD for fringe reception. Sensitivity is low, blind scan speed is awfull, channel management is scam.


...and which one would you recommend BombedOne?


Regards Montafon Guy!
 
Eycos E95.15 HD

I do not own it and it's brandnew on the austrian and german market but first tests show that it's more sensitive than the Dr. HD F15. If you might want to wait til the first DXers have done their tests in C/Ku Band we will know for sure.
 
When you say "first tests", can you tell us whose tests these are and where details can be found?
 
Sure. Member "delfi" in the following thread made the tests: _www.dishworld.de/thread.php?threadid=3001
He just mentiones that in comparison to the F15 he got some frequencies that he couldn't lock before.
 
Back
Top