Advice Needed Best receiver for configurable blind scan with memory ?

3) saying I told you so
I'm not saying that. The reason that receiver was recommended was just for the tuner, which I guess is why William1 suggests using it in loopthrough. But for me the most important feature of a receiver is that it is user-friendly, which is why I love Enigma2 receivers (not to be confused with anything else labelled Linux).
 
While I love E2 receivers, they do not feel solid to me. I am not talking about the software stability or hardware build - Vu+ units are very stable and well built indeed.

It's just that the GUI looks a bit... well, it's a bit like comparing a Windows computer to an Apple one. Or an Android phone to an iPhone.. er.. phone. Yes, Windows and Android offer a lot more customisation controls than their Apple counterparts but just Apple feels more solid and it just works.

And it's the same with the satellite receivers - I prefer the remote, look and feel of Dr HD F15 receiver than that of the Vu+ Uno. But with the former comes inflexibility. No way to control what DiSEqC positions are set to each satellite and I hate the channel browser.. and only 16 "favourite" bouquets...

My 2p... (an everyday user of Vu+ Uno, Windows/Hackintosh and Android...)
 
Little hijack from here. Just playing with new C-band Lnb and while ago I blind searched 83E and TM 5402HD found 3 freq. more than F15. Yes, it is only 1 satellite and cannot say whom has more sensitive but 5402HD won this round.
 
It's not complicated, it's just hassle. What I can't imagine is the user interface to enter that data. How do you picture it? Obviously the easy option would be an external file uploaded to the receiver, but to be user friendly it needs to be customizable from the GUI.
En 2004 pude charlar con un diseñador/desarrollador de sintonizadores de satelite para ver el futuro de estos equipos con busqueda ciega, uno de los equipos que tengo es el ultimo desarrollo comercial que saco en 2005,
Este sintonizador es SD, realiza una busqueda en saltos de 3Mhz y si encuentra señal, realiza un barrido completo buscando el SR correcto, por software determina a que frecuencia esta mas mas proximo el tp, normalmente tiene un error +2Mhz y como mucho un SR de +50 de los publicados en LyngSat.
No se pueden modificar los parametros de busqueda, es muy rapido, escanea un satelite completo como Amazonas 61ºOeste en menos de 30 segundos.
Solo tiene un pero, maximo 5000 canales en su memoria.

La segunda generacion que tenia en el tintero, utiliza unas cajas con analizador de espectro, localiza los tp's activos, los guarda y sobre estos busca el SR correcto, del tuner normal a este tuner con analizador en fabrica solo son 3-4$ mas por equipo, fue una pena que cambiara de fabrica/equipos y se marchara a China.
------------------------------------------------
In 2004 I was able to chat with a designer / developer cable tuners to see the future of these teams with blind search , one of the teams that I have is the last bag business development in 2005 ,This is SD tuned , performs a search in 3Mhz breaks and if you signal , performs a full scan looking for the right SR , determined by software that is more often more next tp , usually has an error +2MHz and as much SR of +50 of the LyngSat published .You can not modify the search parameters , is very fast , scans as a complete satellite Amazonas 61 ° W in less than 30 seconds.
Just a but, maximum 5000 channels in its memory .

The second generation that had in the pipeline, using a spectrum analyzer boxes , locate the tp 's assets, and save these searches for the correct SR , normal tuner this tuner with scanner manufactures are only $ 3-4 more per team , it was a shame to change manufacturing / equipment and left for China.
 
........
And it's the same with the satellite receivers - I prefer the remote, look and feel of Dr HD F15 receiver than that of the Vu+ Uno. But with the former comes inflexibility. No way to control what DiSEqC positions are set to each satellite and I hate the channel browser.. and only 16 "favourite" bouquets.....
Solo 16 favoritos.?? Tendre que mirar el limite, tengo mas.

Tienes trucos, si editas el fichero satellites.xml con notepad++ puedes crear satelites a mano para hacer pruebas con los tp que quieras, en algunas fotos que pongo se ve que la posicion o satelite/referencia no es la normal, son satelites creados aposta para pruebas, donde tengo metidos los tp a mano, con el editor que comento, copias y pegas facilmente.

La compatibilidad para manejar los canales/satelites fue una de las ventajas al cambiar a estos decos, cansado de utilizar varios editores.
Del manejo del DiSEqC no digo nada, tengo 4 tuner para asignar y soluciono el problema, pero es un problema.
------------------------------------
Only 16 favorites.? I'll have to look at the limit, I have more.

Have tricks, if you edit the satellites.xml file with notepad + + can create satellites hand to test with tp you want, in some photos I put it is seen that the position or Satellite / reference is not normal, are satellites created deliberately to tests, where I tucked the tp on hand, with the editor that said, you copy and paste easily.
Let forum available to the tp's would like to use for testing 2F/2E/2G (thinking ahead).

Support for managing channels / satellites was one advantage to change these decos, tired of using multiple editors.
Management of DiSEqC say nothing, I have 4 tuner to allocate and fix the problem, but it is a problem.
 
Hmm so the 5402 is better than the 5302 then and there I was about to buy the 5302. I think my X2 and Azbox Me will do me for now. I am amazed how good the X2 is for BS and the price well it's crazy only £33 incl postage from aliexpress...and you get two remotes also !
 
I see there is now a new M3 version of the 5402 is this official as there is nowt on the Technomate site ?
 
The TM5302HD software version V01.04 & TM5502HD software version V01.02 new software issued 23rd May 2015 id=3 EAST Fixed

Blind Scan better now as it used to go in a continuous loop on one frequency occasionally,

Still No1 for Blind Scans & Feed Hunting in my opinion.
 
I have thoroughly check out this software the only fault I can find with it is after a Blind Scan you cannot view the 1st tv channel you have to go to the next channel then back to the 1st then you can view all tv ?

Unlike other TM non Linux where there is a pregnant pause of 10 to 20 sec before the Blind Scan starts (TM5402 & TM6902)

The TM5502 & 5302 starts the Blind Scan straight away with no delays :)

Plus other features that make this the best Blind Scan Receiver:-

Satellite Finder = Spectrum Analyser allows you to see all Ku band activity on each satellite so you can set your start & finish for a Blind Scan in the Productive areas of the Ku band on each satellite this version of the Spectrum Analyser on the TM5502HD is far more accurate & detailed than the TM5402HD M3 version,

By going to advanced search move the cursor to Transponder now press the OK button then press the yellow button to Delete All transponders very useful on feed satellites,
Then Exit Exit & Go to Blind Search set your stop & start then press the Red button for the receiver to load a new active transponder data base it is that easy & quick :)
 
Last edited:
What is far more important for me is seeing signal quality levels that are under lock. The only receiver that I've seen do this is the F15 with 1.25p software. It makes a world of a difference discerning if there's any signal that's just under lock or whether there's nothing at all. All other receivers show a big fat zero unless there's lockable signal.

Yes, a dvb card can do this but I much prefer signal hunting on a receiver than a computer.
 
If it is for feed hunting I'd rather use a Solo2 any day of the week. Tuner is pretty good and thorough. Maybe there are other receivers better for DX but for feed hunting, loaded with OE-A blindscan plugin it would be a tough combo to beat. Main benefit over others is the filters. Can select any SR, frequency range, avoid neighbouring satellites, avoid known transponders, etc. Most of the other E2 boxes don't have such a good tuner or don't support blindscan.
 
If it is for feed hunting I'd rather use a Solo2 any day of the week. Tuner is pretty good and thorough. Maybe there are other receivers better for DX but for feed hunting, loaded with OE-A blindscan plugin it would be a tough combo to beat. Main benefit over others is the filters. Can select any SR, frequency range, avoid neighbouring satellites, avoid known transponders, etc. Most of the other E2 boxes don't have such a good tuner or don't support blindscan.

Hmm isn't the BS much the same as the Azbox ME with a similar E2 image ? Can you post some screenshots of the BS in action preferably video even ? TIA
 
Don't know about "similar E2 images". OpenViX blindscan is miles ahead of any other blindscan software in its capabilities. Also used by OE-A. Solo2 is the best hardware of all the E2 blindscan tuners I have tried. Miles better than other receivers of the same brand.

Here's a video but the video is 4:3 so the edge of the screen is trimmed and you can't see the settings properly.

 
I've been blind scanning sats for a very long time and as much as I like my Vu+Solo2 receiver, it doesn't scan all channels and tp in especially on scpc tp like we have in our parts at 113 and 117w.
 
I've been blind scanning sats for a very long time and as much as I like my Vu+Solo2 receiver, it doesn't scan all channels and tp in especially on scpc tp like we have in our parts at 113 and 117w.
What software? Also I am talking about feed hunting, not digging up weak transponders buried in the noise. For feed hunting you need to be able to select SR and know what is not a feed so you can avoid it.
 
I am using OpenVix hades image. I really do like my Solo2 and use it more then any other receiver I have but when I want a thorough blind scan I revert to my Technomate M1 or M2 to ensure all possible tp scan in.
 
Don't know about "similar E2 images". OpenViX blindscan is miles ahead of any other blindscan software in its capabilities. Also used by OE-A. Solo2 is the best hardware of all the E2 blindscan tuners I have tried. Miles better than other receivers of the same brand.
Huevos as a Vix tester did you test TM 2t or 3t linux receiver - do they got blindscan - there were roumors that same company make vu solo2 and TM 2t OEM
 
I am using OpenVix hades image. I really do like my Solo2 and use it more then any other receiver I have but when I want a thorough blind scan I revert to my Technomate M1 or M2 to ensure all possible tp scan in.

The TM6900HD Super+ & TM6902HD Super are much better than the TM5402HD M1 & M2 as the TM6000 series has no 45,000 symbol rate error that the TM5402 M1 & M2 suffer with,

Hopefully the new TM Non Linux when it is released soon will be even better on all fronts + Multi-Streaming :)
 
Huevos as a Vix tester did you test TM 2t or 3t linux receiver - do they got blindscan - there were roumors that same company make vu solo2 and TM 2t OEM
As far as I know none of the Dags E2 receivers have blindscan hardware.

For an idea of what boxes are covered have a look at the plugin, lines 564-587.
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/blob/2.3/Blindscan/src/plugin.py

Link coded
M
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top