Best setup possible for 4.2 prime focus (expats of cyprus and not only)

washoris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4.2 meter prime focus with invacom lnb
My Location
cyprus
Dear all again,

I started a new topic since this is something completely different. After many discussions i had with @solly he made me curious if with the setup i have now its the most i can get out of it. For example if my feedhorn is right or i need a bigger one to take advantage of the whole dish. Is there an lnb with higher db power than invacom?? And what about my feedhorn?? I see many people having something like a more wide metal at the end than mine (bigger diameter) what's the difference? And how can someone get benefits from a more wide feedhorn??

2 months ago i got scammed by a Chinese guy that told me that these lnbs over here http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/super-gain-70db-ku-band-lnb_787369263.html are the best performers and should get me more signal than any lnb on my prime focus. I tested them and the signal i was getting was ridiculously low. He then said that these lnbs should be used on mesh dishes of 1.80. This didn't make sense to me but anyways.

Is there anything that can benefit anyone with that large dishes? to get that extra bit of signal needed in order to receive more channels??

For example how is this feedhorn http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/images/cmfeed.jpg any better than mine?

Thanks to all of you!

Attachments

• Photo 24-02-14 13 56 56.jpg
    Photo 24-02-14 13 56 56.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 114
  • _vyrd11_301T_ADF-120-IMG_0142.jpg
    _vyrd11_301T_ADF-120-IMG_0142.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 119

mouse3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 offset,1.2 simetric ,0.9 offset.
My Location
Transilvania
...Is there an lnb with higher db power than invacom??...

Higher dB power output means that you have longer cable from LNC to receiver.And x-tra power compensate this.
I think you want samthing with lower noise figure,for fringe areas.Here in the east Inverto Black Ultra twin it s the best.Other think the best results about DX-ing comes from Inverto White twin.Depends in what year LNC was manufactured.I think.This items perform better then Invacom.

And what about my feedhorn?? I see many people having something like a more wide metal at the end than mine (bigger diameter) what's the difference? And how can someone get benefits from a more wide feedhorn??

Large scalar rings it s useful when dish shape it s not perfect,make some shf corections.Sometime it s useful,sometime it s not.Depends what problem have your antenna.Nothing and nobody it s perfect.

2 months ago i got scammed by a Chinese guy that told me that these lnbs over here http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/super-gain-70db-ku-band-lnb_787369263.html are the best performers and should get me more signal than any lnb on my prime focus. I tested them and the signal i was getting was ridiculously low. He then said that these lnbs should be used on mesh dishes of 1.80. This didn't make sense to me but anyways.

Stay away from 0,1-0,2 NF in the future.It s scam.Same from LNC-HD.

Last edited by a moderator:

washoris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cyprus
Thanks for the advice!!!

Is there a flange version of inverto black ultra twin?? Or do i have to convert it to c120??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Need to convert.

washoris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cyprus
is it easy to convert it? any tutorial step by step with pictures available?? thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

washoris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cyprus
Good!! Is there a comparison between black ultra converted and invacom?? Most of which i found on net show that invacom is better:/

washoris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cyprus
It looks good but is it worth it?? Or does the inverto flange do the same job??