Best universal CAM for E808?

L

LiquidCool

My Location
UK, NW
Hi Folks
First post as newbie.

Recently had motorized system installed. Have Echostar 808 2ci without built in CAM. Having now had a play with what I have got, I wish to think about getting a universal CAM, before moving on to programming my own cards for educational purposes etc.

I would like to know which universal CAM is best for this receiver. Would it be the Magic or some other?

I would like built in flexibility, ie interested in most sats including hispasat, thor, hotbird.

Any comments would be much appreciated. :)

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Matrix Reloaded CAM and software is one of the hot ones at the moment, but I believe that your receiver should also be able to treat an Irdeto Eurocam as an Allcam.

The Icecrypt CAMs are also popular.

A

ady1306

i have just bought an echostar 808 and dragon cam

they work very well together for me i have also used mm/matrix and all have worked fine:)

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi mate, welcome to the forum, good to see you here. :)