LiquidCool

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK, NW
Hi Folks
First post as newbie.

Recently had motorized system installed. Have Echostar 808 2ci without built in CAM. Having now had a play with what I have got, I wish to think about getting a universal CAM, before moving on to programming my own cards for educational purposes etc.

I would like to know which universal CAM is best for this receiver. Would it be the Magic or some other?

I would like built in flexibility, ie interested in most sats including hispasat, thor, hotbird.

Any comments would be much appreciated. :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Matrix Reloaded CAM and software is one of the hot ones at the moment, but I believe that your receiver should also be able to treat an Irdeto Eurocam as an Allcam.

The Icecrypt CAMs are also popular.

ady1306

Reaction score
i have just bought an echostar 808 and dragon cam

they work very well together for me i have also used mm/matrix and all have worked fine:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi mate, welcome to the forum, good to see you here. :)