BIG motor set up mistake

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital, dreambox 500s using cccam 2.0.9 with gemini 4.2 image
My Location
ireland
Ok guys recently i set up a new motor sat, everything was swell, worked first go with usals PERFECT (well as i thought), Ok next day came and was dropping a few satellites, so got up messed around with the dish- really i didnt no what could be wrong as i was hitting my due south quite strong when i set it up the first time and everything was tight etc.

Well to my horrors me getting up at it made no difference, wasnt working at all for me, but then i noticed my motor was acting up (or maybe my receiver) , Basically my bloody motor wasnt moving the sat to desired one so up on the screen it was coming up as tune failed.

At this stage i was in a right mess- neednt of bothered messing with my dish and now i realized that if i sent the motor to a sat it over shot its location e.g. if i aimed for 28.2 it ended between 35-40 on the motor degree scale! I had absolutely nothing then and it was getting dark so had to call it a day.

I decided to mess with receiver inside and then i got some where i turned off usals and sent to 28.2 and then manually searched east and west and found that, also then got 16e and 19.2e. My really issue now seems to be 13e of if i head to it tune fails but can manually find it like the others but if i come off that sat it wont stay tuned to that location, its really annoying has anyone encountered such issues?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>different topic<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If micha reads (sorry if spelled wrong) about that other topic i had about canal+ hd it was on thor 0.8w its a nordic package (thanks for clearing that up Analoguesat), i have been told thats quite hard to get from my location.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
have you input your coordinates correctly into the reciever for USALS ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Are you able to get any other satellites, particularly 10E, 9E, 7E, 5E and 1W?
Is there anything that could be obstructing a clear line of sight to 13E, and is your receiver setup on an active frequency for 13E?

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
See guys it was perfect had all the mentioned satellites then it just went awol, usals worked the first time but wont work now, when i was between the sat and receiver trying to play with it had no joy, had more success leaving the dish alone and just driving the motor through the receiver, i have not got 13e back, i basically have to tell the motor go to a sat e.g 13e and then when it stops at where it thinks the sat is i either have to drive it a little east or west and seems to get it. I know i cant get all the sats i had because the way i left the dish wasnt accurate like i didnt even get my due south was reading:
SNR: 0
AGC: 90-100
Ber:0

Will have to wait for good day an a chance to align properly (although really tried that day with no luck) I think i just messed up a perfectly aligned dish! But for the moment i got 19.2, 28.2,16 and 13E

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You haven't mentioned the motor on the system, or the dish that is clamped to it.

Take a couple of pictures and post them.

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
Its a golden interstar motor (my first time hearing of them too), but has been working over a year no bothers before i moved. Dish is a 1.1 triax.

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
Managed to get 0.8w recently again, still not touched the dish, but now last day are so signal seems to be getting very bad, its weird cause it shows 99% in snr, then drops to 0% and back and forth, i no my sat isnt aligned properly but all sats i had were nice and solid, i know dish could of moved but the fact they shoot back up to 99% again seems it couldnt of moved that much, im half thinking the stupid tuner in the box could be packing up, wil try testing another box if i get one and will let you guys know, also whats a strong tp to get on 8 west?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
sitja said:
Managed to get 0.8w recently again, still not touched the dish, but now last day are so signal seems to be getting very bad, its weird cause it shows 99% in snr, then drops to 0% and back and forth, i no my sat isnt aligned properly but all sats i had were nice and solid, i know dish could of moved but the fact they shoot back up to 99% again seems it couldnt of moved that much, im half thinking the stupid tuner in the box could be packing up, wil try testing another box if i get one and will let you guys know, also whats a strong tp to get on 8 west?

Errm have you checked the security of the connections at the motor (both cables)? Shooting from 0% to 99% fits the bill for a poor or intermittent connection.

Actually check the connections at both ends of both cables.

Also check for cable damage and water ingress (The latter is least likely , looking at your reported results).

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
sitja said:
It sounds like the dish has moved around thw motor stub but its hard to tell without seeing it bud..uploading pic's is a good idea so peeps can see any problems.if you are going up to the dish then set your usals correctly and drive the motor to 5W not thor0.8w as your due south sat is 5w and use 11906v 29950 5/6 france 2hd as this is very strong in ireland.

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
thanks for reply, i wasnt using 0.8w as due south , was using 8w- thats closer to my location as a due south, how do u mean set my usals properly??

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
sitja said:
thanks for reply, i wasnt using 0.8w as due south , was using 8w- thats closer to my location as a due south, how do u mean set my usals properly??

EG. my coordinates are 6w 54.7n so on the dm it would read 006.00 west longitude and 54.7 north latitude. set these coordinates into the dm500 and then drive the motor to 8w and fine tune the dish making sure the pole is 100% plumb and the dish is centred around the motor stub.Also if your using the 500 to drive the motor this has been known to cause issues.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
On a number of occasions I have had to 'adjust' the motor inside the house using the USALS coordinate entry on the receiver, even though the dish outside is tracking perfectly from horizon to horizon. Most of my systems are in the London area, but quite often I have had to put in anywhere betwen 2E to 8W on USALS systems before they would lock on all of the satellites correctly.

Most installations have (I should add) rely on customer provided receivers, I only provide the outdoor kit. Last one was a Dreambox 800 which needed a 7W coordinate.

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
im using 800 hd, that seems strange channelhopper, whats annoying me about all this is...... that it was all fine working with usals an all when i set up first but after the receiver fooled me and made me think it moved the dish when it hadnt this has caused all the problems! Im trying to think of other things that could be a hassle to my set up to, my lnb is a triax quad .3db, also using a new coax- is there a way to determine the quality of the coax?

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
Hi guys been messing with satellite again- about to bring a sledge hammer to it!! Ok managed to get my due south (8.0w) but usals failed to work so used advanced set up and sent to each sat i wanted and tweaked to get right, namely- 13e, 19.2 e, 16e, 28.2, 1w (0r .8w) but my problem is now the motor doesnt work correctly, if i send it to stored postions of 13e or 19.2 or 16e it goes to them fine! but sending it to 28.2 it tends to go west instead of east but seems to stop at 0 on motor scale and same goes for 1w, i have managed to get these ones working but there inconsistent it fails when it feels like, what could be sending the motor wrong way???

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sounds like it needs a reset.

Check your Motor Destruction Leaflet, but many have a small hole under the Motor body into which you insert something like a straightened out paper clip ................ Do not do this unless the motor is at or close to zero, though, as it will move there when you reset.