bit confused over viacess1 decoders

mulls74

My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
If you're looking for a simple system - then I have an old Humax F1 VACI that I have been happily watching ART on for the past two years.
It works fine with an original card in the embedded Viacess slot and it has spare slots for other CAMS should you need them.
I am a luddite when it comes to satellite TV and my box's firmware is nearly five years old.
On the off chance, I looked on Ebay and there is one up there now for £25 - it's not mine!!!!
If you just want the footy, there's no need to pay any more.
Hope this helps

newcastleman32

yeah my mate has a VAFOX works ok

Im lookin for a second receiver as im buyin me mam a 6 month card for xmas an there is a humax vaci selling
Also a humax vaci5300 bundled with a viaccess red cam
asked the seller if he needs the red cam to view progs an he said he bought cam as he needed it for viaacess 2

to update

ive bought a technomate 1000ci waiting for the receiver to come so im now hunting for a viaccess2 cam
from what ive read the red cam is the option i take from here would anyone like to reasure me
also somthing else that thickens my soup
some outlets say the new blue card self acticvate count down art cards ,yet you see some outlets state theres are not scratch card but picture of a white card
is it a case of there are small amount white countfown cards ?

newcastleman32

i was talking to the guy at creative satellite via email
guess this is what you mean Channel hopper when you mention some twin card recivers emulators have trouble decoding

he said
Since changes with ART we have noticed that the TM 7755 range might not work in all the areas , no idea yet why , but that is to do with ART lowering the frequencies on their transponder, therefore I will not be able to guarantee that you will be able to pick the signal on ART, on all the rest of channels is OK only on ART is hit and miss.
If you are not willing to try out then I would advice on the TM 1500CI+ Super , the card slot will accept your ART card no problem at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my question is ? in therory i can buy a Technomate 1500ci+ with latest offical firmwere its multi card reader will work an art card on 13 E ????

Adster

My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised dish, Technomate 1500Ci+
My Location
Sunderland
I use the built in softcam (or whatever its called) in a Technomate 1500ci+ and it works fine with both art cards i've used in it.

Currently I'm using one of the new blue cards. Just put it in and it works, no scratching or anything needed.

newcastleman32

hello im back

well i had bought a 2nd hand humax vaci5300 off ebay that came with a red viaccess cam in the deal but the audio on all channels is muffled
So I too have bought a technomate 1500ci+ funny enough
MY card came this morning an i placed it in the Technomate MultiKrypt card reader an works fine too ,so at last i have me football on saturday :)

Just for the record my card also worked fine in the humax vaci5300 without the viaccess red cam using the embedded viaccess card reader even with the firmwere dated 11 /2000
But like i say the humax is in the cuboard as i think the audio has a fault all channels are muffled
but the technomate is spot on an im happy dispite been giving negitive feedback for buyin a fcked box on ebay

thats for another forum i guess
thanks guys for the input i hope this thread helps others who will no doublt walk my path looking for same answers

cheers