Blinkies...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Ok, over the weekend whilst t'internet was off, I was trying to fit some "blinkies" to my Star Trek TOS phaser's targeting display, but I mucked up the board that held the little microchip that did the business (this infact came from my laser which I pointed into my eye for the hell of it!!! :D ), but anyway it only switched on if a button was pressed, so, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get an LED "blinky" IC (as in I put power to it and it makes LEDs blink in some sort of near-uniform sequence) so I can make my phaser have a little blinky target display when I lift it up... :D

Here's a couple of pics of a TOS phaser's target display incase you're curious about what I'm rambling on about... :D
(pics courtesy of _www.phasers.net with a little modification to indicate where the display is)

Attachments

• tostp1w.jpg
    tostp1w.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 27
  • tostp1t.jpg
    tostp1t.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 27

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You have hands that don't do dishes M8

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Channel Hopper said:
You have hands that don't do dishes M8

Explains why I have a big pile of washing up... :D