Borrowing a Sky system?

welshboy

Reaction score
My Location
Wales
A friend of mine is going away on holiday, and has asked if i wanted to borrow his sky system if it was possible. He's going away for a month and doesn't want to pay 40 pounds for an unused service. If i dismantled his system and setted it up at home would there be any problems?

SatNewb

Reaction score
welshboy said:
A friend of mine is going away on holiday, and has asked if i wanted to borrow his sky system if it was possible. He's going away for a month and doesn't want to pay 40 pounds for an unused service. If i dismantled his system and setted it up at home would there be any problems?
I should think that as long as he gives you the card and the box it would work fine. If you have your own sat dish and point it at Astra 28.2E and use all his sky equipment then that should work too as long as your LNB is a universal one.

If you're going to use his dish aswell then as long as you align the dish up properly then it should work no problems.

You're meant to have the box connected to the phone line at all times but if it comes out by "accident" for a month then I'm sure it will be fine ;)

Just pay him the £40, use the sky stuff yourself and when he comes back just give it him all back and as far as I'm aware it should be fine.

welshboy

Reaction score
My Location
Wales
SatNewb said:
I should think that as long as he gives you the card and the box it would work fine. If you have your own sat dish and point it at Astra 28.2E and use all his sky equipment then that should work too as long as your LNB is a universal one.

If you're going to use his dish aswell then as long as you align the dish up properly then it should work no problems.

You're meant to have the box connected to the phone line at all times but if it comes out by "accident" for a month then I'm sure it will be fine ;)

Just pay him the £40, use the sky stuff yourself and when he comes back just give it him all back and as far as I'm aware it should be fine.
Thank You! Much Obliged

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You could order some PPV movies - He! He!

Second thoughts you need the phone line - Bah!