Box not reading Card

M

markexon

Just programmed my first card with Kev 1666, using Cardwriter software on a zeus programmer.

The box says Please insert card.

Is this an ECM program or is the box just not reading the card.

If so, could the card not be programmed correctly, or is the box knackered?

Thanks for any help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not being flippant Mark but have you tried putting the card in the opposite way up to how you have it at the moment? If you have and that doesn't work, what is your method of programming?

Rolf

M

markexon

I have put the card in the box every possible way.

I am using cardwriter. I have the latest kevlar 1.66.

THe load the pic file in load 1, and the eeprom file in load 2, click on EEProm in the bottom left, then click on write

HTH

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well, i'm sure that the Cardwriter is superb software, but it ain't very user friendly. I'll have to study it for a while to find out how it works. I've used Keymaster and MP6 and 8, plus Dosprog and they are all so much easier to use.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well you can get MP6 from the http://www.adteknik.se/english/index.html but I'm not sure whether it will work with your programmer, they also have a program on there called Multiprog, which I believe will identify the card for you as well.

Rolf

M

markexon

Like you said MP6 doesnt work, also Multiprog doesnt recognise my programmer.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There is another one called chipcat, I think it is available on one of Nobbly's links in the keys forum. it's supposed to work with near everything.

Unfortunately due to the downtime on the forum in the last 48hrs, it's a bit slow here at the moment, there'll probably be someone on later who has used the Cardwriter software and can advise you.

Rolf

J

jayshumungamix

I get the same problem with my card, and i have a elvis programmer with mp6 or mp7, but my card only works if i use threat401, and i have also turned my card every which way and used every bit of software, kev165/166, threat403, omega170 etc. If i don't swap channels to often it works fine. I have a pioneer box.

M

markexon

I have a nokia box. I will try Threat 4.03 and see if that works. If not...AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

C

CodeComplete

Dunno if this'll help you - pinched from another boards FAQ:

---------------------------------------------------------------

At Last!! Zeus Idiots Guide >>>>>>>

Sorry for the delay, I only got the programmer this morning!

Right here we go, you can either Print this off or use it 'On The Fly'..

First of all make sure you are using an unregulated power supply, set at 12V with the + (Pos) at pin(Centre).
Put your gold card into the programmer with the Gold Contact face down.

The Jumpers on the top right (Next to the 2 tansistors) should be set at 1-2, 2-3,2-3.

Open your programme (Im using Card writer 1.82 for this guide).
Look on the right of the programme window, set as follows:-

Oscillator- RC
Wdt- OFF
Pwrte- ON
Cp- OFF

Now, in the centre of the window look for the '16f84+24c16' tab and click on it.
At the top, click on the 'Load1' button and direct the prog to your pic.hex file, then click the 'Load2' button and direct the prog to your eeprom.hex file.
At the top look for and click on the 'Write' icon, the programmer will ask you to make sure the programmer is in 'Mode2', this is with the mode switch(Next to the power input) OUT. then click ok,it will inform you all data will be lost, click on 'Ja', it will then load the loader file, then you will be asked to put the programmer in 'Mode0', this is with the mode switch IN, then it will programme the card with the eeprom file, it will again ask you to put the programmer into 'Mode2', switch is OUT, then it will prog the card with the pic file......... wait for it to finish and that should be your gold card (AU or RU) programmed.

*** A word of Warning*** this programme will not keep your settings!, so please make sure you alter the settings to those above each time you either open the programme or change the type of card you are using.

** My own personal thoughts on Zeus**

Ive used a few programmers in the past, the best one Ive used so far is the 'Elvis' multiprogrammer with MP6 software, its quick and easy to use and Ive never had a problem with either.
The Zeus on the other hand is slow and unfriendly, it took me a while to work it out because the information on the site was WRONG!
Zeus will work and will programme your gold cards without much problem if you use the 'Idiots Guide' above, but for ease of use and speed I would personally opt for the Elvis.

---------------------------------------------------------------

M

markexon

IT WORKS

I can now view all program channels. I am so happy :-)

I had the wrong settings within card writer software.

Thank you so much mate

WOW

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Sorry