Brand New SkyHD Boxkey generation issue - advice please

guigy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Complete Newbie trying to learn a bit, no equipment as yet.
My Location
UK
I've been lurking around here for a while now, but have only recently decided to give this cardshare a go when I moved house and decided the network the house with cat6. I'm IT competent having worked in IT for 20 years - that said please be gentle.

My problem is with my generated boxkey.

Through my EPG I get a serial 10 digits long beginning with a zero.
My 17 Character Key from the sticker obviously contains the same series of numbers as the EPG provided serial however the zero is prefixed with a 5 and has an additional 8 on the end

Using "NDS box key creator" i've calculated on the both and come up with different hex.

I've tried every possible calculated hex on the CCcam.cfg but cannot decrypt premium channels.

I've switched to using "dreambox config" which has confirmed what i believe to be the correct boxkey as it is consistent with at least one of the previous results fromNDs box key generator - again deapite correctly editing the CCam.cfg (or uploading the one automatically created by "dreambox config") my premium channels are still encrypted.

I've done the usual test to ensure that the premium channels show on my sly box with same card so not a sub issue.

An important point - which i think may be relevant as i have read others elsewhere having some problems - is the fact that I am in Northern Ireland using a 2 week old subscription to sly on a brand new Sky HD box...

Is there any known issues with irish related (even UK, northern ireland) subs and new equipment?

Like i say, i'm new to this and i have done as much searching as I can across forums and read every idiots guide, but i must be missing something...

all advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
It's not my area of expertise at all but this sounds like you're doing emulation in Dreambox and not card sharing. If I'm wrong please be aware that we are very strict on discussion about card sharing here and only allow limited discussion on personal use. Any talk of commercial card sharing is STRICTLY forbidden.

guigy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Paul -

Understood mate.

I hope i'm not breaking any rules. This certainly isnt commercial - i've moved into my new place and i'm trying to multiroom so i have my own legitimate sub shared to my bedroom. No interest in going commercial - just a hobbyist. Bought 2 cheap 500s to give it a go.

Is this ok?

Thanks

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Like I said, not my area (I've never even seen a Dreambox in the "flesh"), but I think so.

It'll be a difficult path for you as you'll have to do a lot of reading of posts as this is a self-help forum but I'm sure that if you hit a brick wall someone will be able to help.

Good luck.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please dont be offended, but we are on very dodgy ground indeed helping you with a Sky UK cardshare problem even for personal use.

We are a UK based forum and CANNOT be seen to be giving anyone direct help to defraud Sky UK from their legitimate subscription revenue.

They can afford much better lawyers than anyone on the forum, and none of the staff wish to spend time being questioned by lawyers who earn several hundred pounds an hour!

ISTR there was an issue with one of the box key generators a while back though, so its quite possible theres another issue now.

Never having used one I have no idea though - I only have the 6mix level sub so I just shove the card in the linux box when I want to look at something specific.

guigy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Please dont be offended, but we are on very dodgy ground indeed helping you with a Sky UK cardshare problem even for personal use.

We are a UK based forum and CANNOT be seen to be giving anyone direct help to defraud Sky UK from their legitimate subscription revenue.

They can afford much better lawyers than anyone on the forum, and none of the staff wish to spend time being questioned by lawyers who earn several hundred pounds an hour!

ISTR there was an issue with one of the box key generators a while back though, so its quite possible theres another issue now.

Never having used one I have no idea though - I only have the 6mix level sub so I just shove the card in the linux box when I want to look at something specific.

no problem mate - understood. I certainly wouldn't want to bring any trouble. I'll keep googling and see what i can come up with.

Thanks