Briatore threatens to sue the Piquets

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot from Planet F1 News

Flavio Briatore is considering taking legal action against Nelson Piquet Snr and Jnr following his court triumph in Paris on Tuesday.

The Tribunal de Grande Instance ordered the lifetime ban imposed by the FIA against Briatore to be overturned.

Motor sport's world governing body are currently looking into their options and considering whether to launch an appeal, a course of action Briatore has advised them against doing.

"I wouldn't do it after such a verdict," remarked the former Renault team principal in Gazzetta dello Sport.

Briatore, however, may now go gunning for the Piquets as it was they who blew the whistle on the 'crashgate' scandal.

Piquet Jnr deliberately crashed his car at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix in order to help team-mate Fernando Alonso take the win.

Briatore, along with former Renault director of engineering Pat Symonds, were then implicated in the conspiracy by the Piquets.

The 59-year-old Italian did initially threaten legal action once the story emerged.
More...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So he's going to sue them for telling the truth? What a pillock, is this guy really what F1 needs?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
No the sport does not need him at all and hopefully everyone in the sport will recognise that and not employ him. He is a hot headed arrogant Italian who was caught out and is stubbornly trying defend an indefensible position. He lied and cheated whereas the Piquets did eventually own up to their lying and blew the whistle on him, therefore there is no case for them to answer and no law suit possible........ the guy is a complete nutter.