Broke XCAM? Please Help!

B

bucklphips

My Satellite Setup
XCAM
hi, i wanted to update my xcam through the pcmcia-programmer. i wrote the bin-file to block 2 but when i wanted to update the key-file, i wrote the firmware-bin to block 14 instead of the keyfile.

now my laptop doesn't recognize the xcam module correctly (it says PCMCIA
-MTD-0002) and also my receiver says "no module" when i insert it.

is the cam completely broken or is there something i can do??

thx

B

bucklphips

My Satellite Setup
XCAM
could it be that i can recover the xcam with the serial programmer?

C

caretaker

i think your cam has died,there are a few accessories that claim to bring back a dead cam but it may be cheaper and easier to buy a new cam,your serial cable and loader card wont bring it back to life.sorry

C

caretaker

bucklphips said:
hi, i wanted to update my xcam through the pcmcia-programmer. i wrote the bin-file to block 2 but when i wanted to update the key-file, i wrote the firmware-bin to block 14 instead of the keyfile.

thx
unapit.com do a repair service for about 20 notes,for xcams

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may be able to write the bootloader to block 0, should be available at f o o k f i l e s, then rewrite the flash and keyfile.

C

caretaker

bucklphips said:

thx
did you put clear file in both blocks before you put other files in?

A

anthy

I have also a x-cam and i put ko the boot loader , so i fond a program named cammy ice loader x-cam and whit out to go on the menu from the receiver you can send a file or corret the boot i try it and it works very fine ... So for you also will work.. all you need is a serial card ( dummy -card) it's a x-cam programmer... Have fun whit your x-cam

ANTHY

B

bucklphips

My Satellite Setup
XCAM
i tried a few things but i think im going to buy a new one :-(

with the serial programmer i got no connection, i tried it with xcloader and with the cammy ice workshop, no chance to get a connection!

S

satellite eye

you should be able to bring your cam back with a cas2 and the add on,this will cost about £75,but will also give you a card programmer option.

R

raymoreb

My Satellite Setup
Neotion 100s
Kaon ksc570 pvr
Heloo,
sorry for this information, i think ur cam is dead ,'R I P' , i have a couple here with me ,should you find a solution pls let me know

H

hucky

My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR
Topfield 5000CI
AXAS, Matrix Reloaded, XCAM
raymoreb said:
Heloo,
sorry for this information, i think ur cam is dead ,'R I P' , i have a couple here with me ,should you find a solution pls let me know
Boys, The cam is ripped if it remains initializing. If not change the settings of your xcam programmer to add externall power 5 volts!!!! or less 4.5 volt works too!!! Then you can re-program the cam.

Then you have to program it as written in the pcmcia procedure starting with the installation of the .rom file. I recovered my xcam this way. The only remaining problem is that I can't read cards or reprogram the cam If I leave out the externall power.

So thats the new target for today!
good luck!!!

H

hucky

My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR
Topfield 5000CI
AXAS, Matrix Reloaded, XCAM
raymoreb said:
Heloo,
Boys, The cam is ripped if it remains initializing. If not change the settings of your xcam programmer to add externall power 5 volts!!!! or less 4.5 volt works too!!! Then you can re-program the cam.

Then you have to program it as written in the pcmcia procedure starting with the installation of the .rom file. I recovered my xcam this way. The only remaining problem is that I can't read cards or reprogram the cam If I leave out the externall power.

So thats the new target for today!
good luck!!!