Wanted BSB VHS tapes

afonsogag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mvision reciever + Motorized dish
My Location
Portugal
Hi!

This may be a bit off-topic, but I'm looking to purchase recordings of the BSB channels. Any for sale? :)

P.S: I also want tapes with footage encrypted in Videocrypt.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
And I can see why you'd want some. I am sure I have such recordings at my parents somewhere but I usually head over to YouTube for my analogue fixes.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There is an awful lot of BSB output missing from the archives. I know some people (Kaleidoscope organisation) that might be interested in seeing whats on them.

They would of course return the tapes after digitizing them.

The Happening – Recovering The Lost BSB Archives

If anyone has video tapes of ANY BSB output & would like to see the material preserved by the Kaleidoscope archive please contact me via pm & I'll get in contact with the appropriate people.

Last edited:

Pride Of Cucamonga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Cheap piece of junk Spanish (Tecatel) 120cm(x110) dish, Inverto Ultra twin LNB and Sky HD box.
My Location
Valencia (city)
1988 New SCientist article about launch of both BSB and Sky. Interesting that if Astra 1A launch had failed, BSB almost certainly would have been winner as 1B not planned until 1991. Also, imagine if 1A failed after hundreds of thousands of decoders had been purchased at £200 and were rendered useless. Huge gamble at the time.

New Scientist

Last edited:

afonsogag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mvision reciever + Motorized dish
My Location
Portugal
And I can see why you'd want some. I am sure I have such recordings at my parents somewhere but I usually head over to YouTube for my analogue fixes.

When you have a chance to go to your parents house, don't forget to warn me!