Buy/Order - Freesat Satellite Receiver with Dish

xjosifek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n
My Location
G;asgpw
Hi all,

Do anyone know any websides where I can buy/order Satellite Receiver with Dish for UK Free To Air Channels?

Thanx

[fieldset=Moderation]Email removed - SM[/fieldset]

G

An innocuous and reasonable question - but one which poses even more questions!

First, in Glasgow you'd need something like a 60cm Dish for best results.

Second, there are several different approaches to reception:

1. Freesat (Branded Receivers from places like Currys, Argos, John Lewis etc.) - You can also opt for an Installation package.

2. FreesatfromSky - specifically the Pay Once Watch Forever Package, also available from eg Currys, Dixons. This is just under £75 inc. Box, Card, Installation and also gives you (for free) two Subscription Mixes of Channels for a few months. No obligation to subscribe afterwards.

3. Generic Receivers (Not specifically related to any Platform) - available widely! ie Some shops like B&Q, Maplin; Loads of Internet Suppliers (some of whom are also Sponsors of this Forum); eBay (of course). Dishes, LNBs etc. also from the same sources.

You also need to consider whether you are happy just to have Standard Definition Channels or whether you want High Definition and also give some thought to whether you think you might want to look at stuff other than UK Channels.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Post moved to freesat section. The response from Rai is clear and concise thus I will make it a sticky so that the wheel does not have to be re-invented everytime the question is asked, the answer is there for others to read which is what a forum is all about

Our forum sponsors all offer the equipment you require

davin110

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Before you can watch and record TV in Windows Media Center for the first time, you'll need to physically connect a TV signal to the TV tuner on your computer. This typically involves connecting one end of a coaxial cable to your tuner and the other e
My Location
USA
Leroy , I honestly dont think I have ever seen anyone shot down for posting in the Newbie forum. I dont think anyone would have a problem with questions such as the ones he has asked you. I personally wont give private tuition to anyone as I could be helping a lot more people by posting on here. Unless they want to pay me that is

Fernbay , yes , people need to realise that the Dreambox DM500 went out of production years ago and that all these receivers currently on the market are clones. But there are good clones and bad clones and there is no point buying one purely on price. When purchasing people need to know if they are from a reputable source.