buying a cam

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i'm looking to buy a cam as they seem much better than patching a receiver but which one is the best buy as the diablo is cheaper than the trex supermodule but work out the same price with a cas3 programmer on dvbonlinestore

_http://www.dvb-shop24.net/product_info.php/info/p159_BRANDNEW-T-REX-DRAGON-CAM---CAS3-PLUS-INTERFACE---ALL-IN-ONE.html

as i dont want to buy either of them and find out then its useless

i've read the trex supermodule is much better hardware wise is that true ?

advice welcome as never bought one before

recommended places to buy from ? any deals going on ?

wod

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi wod,
it's difficult to advise at the moment as circumstances change so quickly, each Cam has their advantages, and the Diablo Cam was firm favourite until today, when all the Seca 2 channels altered their encryption again.
The Dragon Team have a proven record, until recently, when the last PW update was 6 days late, but who knows how good the support will be in the future for either Cam.
At the moment both Cams open PW, and nothing else, the Dragon has the advantage of working with N*S subscription cards, S*y, while the Dialo has 2 versions, the normal Cam, Diablo light and the wireless pack, with base unit, taken from their advertising:
The Wireless DiabloCam features a new, revolutionary system that shares one or more smartcards among several viewing points (TVs) simultaneously. This function is limited to enabled smartcards for which providers have given special permission to use the service in this way.
The Diablo support has been better than the T-Rex 4.6 over the past few weeks, as the Dragon Team have promised more than they have been able to deliver, but you can get the biss channels on the T-Rex, but you can on various receivers and the cheaper earlier Dragon Cams.

If you can wait a few days maybe one of the teams will come out with something new, that will give one Cam an advantage over the other, but at the moment it's difficult to recommend either, but if you already have a Cas programmer then the Diablo works out cheaper, otherwise they're pretty much the same at the moment.
Best wishes
Mickha

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
hmm so trex supermodule cam seems the favourite as i didn't know it could do sky cards and also biss support will be good for channels like tv8 turkey, fox sports etc

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The older Dragon Cams can do both these, and are a lot cheaper, the only advantage of the T-Rex 4.6 is Premiere, hopefully there will be more soon, but the Dragon Team have been promising more since the release of the 4.5 model.
The Diablo seems to have more support as they were a lot quicker with the Premiere update, following the last key change, and they had Seca 2, C+France, Cyfra + and C+NL, until todays encryption upgrade.
Considering there is very little open at the moment it's just a matter of personal choice, and luck, as to which Cam proves better in the future.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
i'm in no rush so can wait a while

how long is the support going to be for the older cam dragon ?

but the big plus i'm thinking of the trex is so i'll be able to put my sky card in it also once i get a pvr

thanks for the advice

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
There is no offical support and hasn't been for some months although some file guys are still updating it its been around for a few years and has been fantastic it will be cheaper to buy from ebay as no-one wants the old one but no-one can tell you which to buy as there is no right or wrong one you could buy it and it lasts for years or it could die the day after but this is the same with any cam so
yer pays yer money yer takes yer chance....:)

EMPB

Reaction score
Just thought Id update the comments on T-Rex 4.6 V Diablo. Both open Premiere, Polsat, TVCabo, D+ & RSC Digi TV at the moment. But Diablo Auto Updates on all, you have to enter the keys into the T-Rex for all of them except Premiere.

And the Diablo also opens 7W packages (Irdeto2) and 13E TPS - TPS also AutoUpdate.

Sly N*S cards are supported on the Diablo now as well.

That said I prefer my good old T-Rex & Dragon CAM!!! :-bigsmile
- quicker at changeing between encryptions, better (I think) at handling Biss/DCW channels and I cant receive 7W and TPS is supposed to be leaving 13E (and its current encryption) soon.

And I still use my Matrix Reloaded as a Matrix Reborn or (as it is currently) as a Biss CAM.