C band LNB re-attached to my Channel Master 1.8

After much experimenation with Ka band I have re attached my C Band back on top of my Ku LNB with a coach bolt and a perfect fit bracket from the local Tyre and Battery fitters. Good signals from 10E,20E,27W,22W,5W,3E,26E and 18W on the F15 which is now my dedicated C Band receiver.
I think this may have been discussed elsewhere, but I can't find it:
How do you make the LNB-on-top-of-LNB work? Can you tilt the dish face when going C-band, or is C-band not very precise, or how does this work? I know side-by-side works (as in standard multi-bracket LNB configs), but one should think there is little signal when placing the LNB several centimetres away from the focal point of the dish...
 
I had a declination actuator to move the dish up to get the C band LNB into focus.
 
I think this may have been discussed elsewhere, but I can't find it:
How do you make the LNB-on-top-of-LNB work? Can you tilt the dish face when going C-band, or is C-band not very precise, or how does this work? I know side-by-side works (as in standard multi-bracket LNB configs), but one should think there is little signal when placing the LNB several centimetres away from the focal point of the dish...

As CJ says, I have another jack that lifts and lowers the dish, also useful for inclined birds
 
Ok, thanks for confirming that.
What sort of polar mount are you using? The CM one? Or the SatSuperStore one? (or somehting completely different???)
 
Ok, thanks for confirming that.
What sort of polar mount are you using? The CM one? Or the SatSuperStore one? (or somehting completely different???)

I'm using a jumbo H to H which was a beefed up Jaeger 1224 and was made a a firm called Unicorn Satellites, sadly now out of business. I replaced the adjustment bolt and replaced it with a boom arm attached to a heavy duty linear actuator, plus some concrete weights to balance the whole thing up AKA a Nelson B type arrangement
 

Attachments

  • P1010002.webp
    P1010002.webp
    302.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I'm using a jumbo H to H which was a beefed up Jaeger 1224 and was made a a firm called Unicorn Satellites, sadly now out of business. I replaced the adjustment bolt and replaced it with a boom arm attched to a heavy duty linear actuator, plus some concrete weights to balance the whole thing up
Very nice!
 
Yes nice setup scopus, I've seen a few of them motors on the USA forums very popular over there, do you track inclined orbits often ? if so any to keep an eye on please.
 
Yes nice setup scopus, I've seen a few of them motors on the USA forums very popular over there, do you track inclined orbits often ? if so any to keep an eye on please.

Not so much these days. My main use for that was for ITN feeds when they were on inclined birds, but now they have migrated to Ka Band on 19E it is not used for that purpose, but now I have the C Band above the Ku it is seeing some use again.
 
Back
Top