c line wont connect on netgear router mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcastleman32

Reaction score
hi
dam it i come across this before couple of year ago but its now slipped my mind to what resloved it

i run small server to few mates and one of my mates swears he box hasnt worked since he installed norton on his computer last week, just i read norton dont change router settings.
I took dreambox to my pals home it worked took it to another friends house the c line connected.. took it back to this guys netgear router nothing...
id have stayed to mess about with router but time got on an been a long day but going back tomorrow to have look his netgear router so unable to even state version or model just yet...

Im so sure couple year ago i had to tick Nat setting on this netgear router but id be gratful if anyone could tell me what wouldcause this to happen ...ruling out obvious things like network setting been right for his router in dreambox menu .. all correct .. id be correct in thinkin there is no fort forward issue as he just conecting to my sever not running 1
thanks for any help

e107cmsnet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
UK
What NG Router is it ?

newcastleman32

Reaction score
i wont know till i pop back in in i was hoping to gather some info prior to going ..
sorry guys, il get router model tomorrow

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
If he installed Norton Internet Security then I suspect the firewall will be blocking the port or the port will require opening within NIS

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thread closed - its bordering on dodgy ground.

If you are card sharing Sky UK we dont want to know about it, and explicit help could get us closed down by any of the pay tv providers if their security goons think we are helping anyone paying a legit subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.