CAID File Questions

cloudy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
My Location
London
Hello all

I need to ask and clarify the following ... is it necessary to replace the CAID file in the config folder within the Diablo cam (ipn22 loaded) with the latest D2 Keys ?

I am also slightly bemused by the statement below :-
========================================================
Constant Control Words: Turn Fixed CW [ON] also in most cases turn Auto PMT [OFF] Unless Control Word CAID not in CAID file
- None.
=====
it's the AUTO PMT bit ... CAID not in CAID File ?? in plain English does this mean that
CAID File MAIN = CAID ..Auto PMT OFF ? anything else in CAID File i.e Astra1 etc means AUTO PMT [ON] ...and view Astra 1 with the former selected in CAID File

Really not understanding that bit therefore I need a little guidance please

Cloudy

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
With Auto PMT off, the Diablo looks in your selected CAID (Main) which will have the CAID for your chosen provider.

With AUTO PMT on, it will look in the CAID list for the provider. Leave it off for faster operation.

You shouldn't need to replace the CAIDS every time you upload any new keys unless a new CAID is required for a provider not already existing in your Diablo.

cloudy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
My Location
London
Llew said:
With AUTO PMT on, it will look in the CAID list for the provider. Leave it off for faster operation.

Once it looks at the list I take it that it is not neceserry to place East_Eur or Astra 1 etc due to the fact that it looks at the list anyway ??

I will however as you suggest leave Auto PMT[OFF]

In anticipation of your next reply .. Thank you in any case

Cloudy

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
cloudy said:
Once it looks at the list I take it that it is not neceserry to place East_Eur or Astra 1 etc due to the fact that it looks at the list anyway ??

Most of the working provider CAIDS are already in the main CAID list. I haven't needed to choose any other particular CAID file for anything else for ages.