CAM flashing?

S

steford1

Want to flash an Aston 1.00/1.03 (?) to Crypto. Have the files but no win95/98 machine. Is there any way this can be done on a w2k/XP machine? Thanks in advance.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure that its possible with those operating systems, both of the flash programs that I use run under DOS. I certainly haven't heard of anyone managing it.

S

steford1

Any volunteers to help me out in central or west London? Would take 5 mins if you have a win95/98 laptop handy. Thanks.

S

steford1

anyone? I need to get rid of my Crypto box and use this CAM to make some space under the TV. If anyone can help with the loan of a Win98 laptop for 5 mins or could do me the flash by post I'd be most grateful. (Hisat want £30 + £7.50 p&p - ouch).

Thanks.

S

steford1

OK I finally got hold of a win98 machine, stuck in the Aston 1.00 CAM and booted. Detects nothing. Removed and inserted CAM but still no detection. Tried it on a w2k machine too but nothing and another win98 machine. System shows nothing in the PCMCIA slots. The CAM looks fine when in the receiver as I can navigate menus etc. Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks.

D

daxv8

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 250g& Triax 90cm ,Technomate 8000 HD , Echostar AD-3000, Superjack VBOX2 Triax 1.1m LNB Lemon mono block
My Location
London
Hi
I have also a 1.03 cam. Put this into a win95 and detects the cam o.k. but also another win 95 P.C. does not detect and hangs the P.C. I was also looking at changing to CRYP**** but I have seen that people cannot fine the k*ys. I have looked on the main sites
and have not found them also. Looks like I will stay with Se*a1.

S

steford1

daxv8 - does xaload also see your CAM or haven't you taken it that far? Where are you based by the way? Any chance I can have a go at flashing on that Win95 PC? Thanks.

D

daxv8

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 250g& Triax 90cm ,Technomate 8000 HD , Echostar AD-3000, Superjack VBOX2 Triax 1.1m LNB Lemon mono block
My Location
London
Hi

No I have not gone that far . I will has a p.c. guru about the drivers required on the p.c. . Until I have flashed it myself I could not guarentee that it will work 100%.
Are you running crypt at present with a genuine sub card .

S

steford1

I'm using an IBM laptop with the Texas Instruments PCMCIA driver. It detects a network card inserted in it but not the CAM. Using a default driver for PCMCIA lets windows see the card and I can install the Aston98.inf driver. Xaload cannot see the card however. Yes I'm running a regular crypto card at the mo in a Humax 5510 but want to shift all sat viewing via the crypto CAM to my Hyundai CI receiver.

S

steford1

Finally sorted this on a Win95 machine. Windows detected card immediately, installed drivers and flashed all in under 5 mins. Works great.

S

Sab

My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
I've got an Aston 1.03 cam sitting idle now that I've got an MM.

Any suggestions as to how to put it to good use please?

Sab