• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CAM for computer system.

Hello people,

Due to my location and the communication problems I face I have no much time to do a complete investigation on certain topics, I live in a third world country and we suffer a lot of black outs, so I apologise if this has been discussed before in this forum.

I have a Nexus-S DVB card and a pretty fast computer. Now, I would like to be able to receive Satellite channels encrypted in Nagra, Nagra2, Irdeto and Irdeto2, so I was wondering, is it possible to attach a CAM module (a device where I could insert a Smart Card) to my computer card and using RitzDVD or ProgDVB be able to watch encrypted channels ?

If anyone with experience could give me some advise of what device to purchase,compatible with many type of cards or at least with Nagra2, Irdeto, Irdeto2, I would appreciate it very much.

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
i think ther something called a smartmouse device but not shore but i know you can do what want to as i have read it somewhere in this forum before have a searh for skystar and think its mentiond in one of those topics