Can a Humax Foxsat work a motorised dish?

captainxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Aberdeen
Hi

New to this stuff, having recently bought a Humax.

Having discovered this site and the capabilities of a sat system I would like to get a motorised dish.

Can a Foxsat-HD work a motorised dish and receive non-Freesat programmes, or would I require another receiver?

Thanks

G

I have a Foxsat happily driving a motorised Dish.

When you first set up the Foxsat it detects the DiSEqC arrangements and prompts you for some details.

Once you've completed a non-freesat scan on 28E (The only Satellite option shown at that stage being labelled "freesat"), you can then navigate, in non-freesat mode, to Setup/Manual Scan.

Do not actually select Manual Scan at this stage, but press the colour key sequence Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue.

Ignore the fact that nothing appears to be happening, but when you have completed the sequence you can then select and a whole new series of options will present themselves where you can activate Satellites from the pre-stored list, enter USALS data etc - and, eventually, start scanning.

Sounds a mess, but it is actually quite straightforward.

If you have already "installed" your Foxsat, you may have to do a Factory Reset before getting stuck into Motorised operation - though I'm not entirely sure.

There are some shortcomings, the key ones being that you are stuck with the pre-stored Satellite list and there are one or two missing (43 and 45 W for starters), you cannot do manual PID entries, there is only network scan not blind/auto scan etc. The latter is the biggest pain as the stored TP lists (as per) are hogwash.

All that said, it does work quite nicely and I have relegated most of my pre-existing Receiver stack to the spare room.

captainxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Aberdeen
Thanks for the replies

They have been a great help.