Can anyone help me in Manchester please ???

Ian_ExManchester

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
)(-red Hi,

Can anyone give me any physical help with setting my system and dish up? I have a 1.6 metre motorised dish on a (heavy) tripod (LNB 0.7 C120 Universal), connected to a strong 4375. I checked the leads with a normal sky 28.2E dish and the channels come up A-OK. However using the motorised dish - I cant get zip.

Is there anyone that lives near the Chadderton area that could offer practical help. Im willing to reimburse you for your time and effort.

I'm going round in circles (me........not the dish)

cheers

loftyj

Reaction score
when setting up have you tried moving the feed horn backward and forward

loftyj

Reaction score
The feed horn is the part that collects the signal from the dish and direct's it to the L.N.B and is bolted on to the C120 flange. Is your dish a Prime focus, Ie:the LNB held in the dead center of the dish, or of the Off Set type L.N.B off center, like sky Dish.

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi Ian
Just Been looking at your other post and had a look at where it came from. It appears to be a 1.6mt prime focus with its original feed horn, which should not require any adjustment driven by a 36volt actuator.At a guess its not on the correct arc. Not sure where chadderton is in the Manchester area but is at least degree different to York, make sure your stand is fixed and spot on vertical, set up reciver to recive Thor at 1dg: West, there is a clear channel called edusat at 11189V. 2142. 3/4. with a good clear signal. you will then have to loosen the dish on the stand and tweek it a nats wisker to find the sat, you may also have to tweek it vertical as well, differance in latitude is only about 1/3 minute so you may get away with it. once found with max signal retighten all fastenings, lock this position into reciver and let it find the other satellits for you.

Good hunting,you are allowed to call it names when you try, I did when I set mine up and thay were not all polite ones. but managed in the end even if it did take a long time.

neil.fisher

Reaction score
May be I can help !

I know it sounds daft but is your 1.6 pointed on the arc corrctly ? Have you just installed it etc ?

I am a satellite engineer in the Stockport area.

Can anyone give me any physical help with setting my system and dish up? I have a 1.6 metre motorised dish on a (heavy) tripod (LNB 0.7 C120 Universal), connected to a strong 4375. I checked the leads with a normal sky 28.2E dish and the channels come up A-OK. However using the motorised dish - I cant get zip.

Is there anyone that lives near the Chadderton area that could offer practical help. Im willing to reimburse you for your time and effort.

I'm going round in circles (me........not the dish)

cheers