can i ask about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vuplus, DM500S X2,TM500 SUPER,Motorised Fracarro Penta Dish,Basic Sky Set Up, Cyrus HiFi, 3 drumkits, 1 wife.3 drumkits.Bonneville SE
My Location
Glasgow
Been reading all other forums and asking the odd question only
thing is nobody seems in a mood to answer SO...back to my sat
birth place where i learned it all...so

homecard share...just in my home...
can i ask about it

ta

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not really no.

Card sharing is a very murky grey area and you have to realise that we have to be very careful what we will allow detailed discussion of.

This is simply because using one card in two places is basically defrauding the pay tv companies out of the second card revenues, and if we help someone to do that and the security guys from the company concerned see that we could get the forum closed down.

If you are wanting a detailed step by step walk through of how to do it we wont allow that. What we will permit is help in a very general sense.

However all the info you need can be found on assorted threads, so settle down for a few hours reading.

mapex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vuplus, DM500S X2,TM500 SUPER,Motorised Fracarro Penta Dish,Basic Sky Set Up, Cyrus HiFi, 3 drumkits, 1 wife.3 drumkits.Bonneville SE
My Location
Glasgow
Ach its awe cool....just didnae want tae step on any toes.....n a learned that much here id no upset anyone

awe the best when i comes.
M

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its fine mapex - we dont mid explaining what we have to limit.

(What does upset us is folks registering & demanding the secret of setting their new dreamboxes up to give them free Sky on their first post.......)

I get very tetchy when I find that sort of post! :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I cannot say that anybody had noticed ^-J

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Bit complicated although I'm brain dead when it comes to lots of codes etc. I have been trying for ages and still struggling. I think my card is worn out from being moved from one box to the other. I don't see why anyone should be bothered if you are already paying for a subscription.

mapex said:
Been reading all other forums and asking the odd question only
thing is nobody seems in a mood to answer SO...back to my sat
birth place where i learned it all...so

homecard share...just in my home...
can i ask about it

ta

T1154

T1154
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
Fixed dishes forAstra2 Atlantic bird 3 and astra 1
Sky box, Humax Viaccess, Humax HD freesat,strong 6410
My Location
S W France [47]
Hello Analoguesat.
Do you know how the prohibition on Card sharing is legally defined?
T1154

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I cant quote chapter or verse no but it doesnt matter.

You dont mess around with the pay tv lawyers (especially where Sky is concerned) - none of the staff here is willing to take the risk of being questioned by some very expensive lawyers or spend time in an uncomfortable room just so someone can have free telly in another room.

T1154

T1154
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
Fixed dishes forAstra2 Atlantic bird 3 and astra 1
Sky box, Humax Viaccess, Humax HD freesat,strong 6410
My Location
S W France [47]
Hi Analoguesat,
At the risk of bringing on a spot of T...........s I'd like to ask a couple more Questions

1 Is reference made to this prohibition in Conditions of Sale/Subscription to the SkyService ?[I am not a Sky subscriber so I don't have the paperwork].

2 Is it a general prohibition applicable to all pay per view services worldwide or does it apply only to the Sky networks?

I am not incidentally looking for a way to get free tv in another room as you mention.

But what I am interested in arises from the fact that although I collect the whole Ku band of channels with my dish and Lnb,I am limited technically to viewing only one program at a time , out of the scores which are available . And that applies even to a box which has two tuners.
To my way of thinking I should be able to view at least two programs simultaneously[in different rooms of course] particularly since
the Sky box I have bought has this inbuilt capability, arising from the fact that Sky, in this case, have themselves broken their own prohibition on receiving two programs using one Card only. How much more useful a twin tuner box would be with with this capability!
I wonder how many have carried out such a modification?It doesn't seem to break the rules -does it !

mikie8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Diablo wifi
dgstation 200s+ modded to 64Mb
Gibbertini 1.2M Channel Master feedhorn Inverto white
Fibo 90Cm fibo motor inverto white
85cm generic 2600 TM , black ultra
Superjack dp6600
Pace Mss-500
My Location
dagenham
i share my sky uk free to view card around the house , im sure if you want to do the same . it wont be so hard finding info and help . if on the other hand it is a subscription card you may find the help a little harder to come by ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
1) I havent got the paperwork either and Im not trawling through Sky's web site to see if I can find it.

2) All pay tv networks are concerned with loss of revenue through illicit decoding of their signals. Look how many service have made great efforts to tie down subscribers to using their own particular box.

I saw an interesting article somewhere recently saying somethiung along the lines that one of the eastern European services had seen revenues increase by about 30% after they locked out the pirates.

The big problem is the commercial sharing services. they have ruined things for the hobbyist. 3 or 4 years ago sharing was complex and only carried out by hobbyists who spent hours setting things up. Now you have commercial websites flogging "all channels" for 15-20 quid a month on a 50 quid box.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
T1154 said:
Hi Analoguesat,
At the risk of bringing on a spot of T...........s I'd like to ask a couple more Questions

1 Is reference made to this prohibition in Conditions of Sale/Subscription to the SkyService ?[I am not a Sky subscriber so I don't have the paperwork]

2 Is it a general prohibition applicable to all pay per view services worldwide or does it apply only to the Sky networks?

I am not incidentally looking for a way to get free tv in another room as you mention.

But what I am interested in arises from the fact that although I collect the whole Ku band of channels with my dish and Lnb,I am limited technically to viewing only one program at a time , out of the scores which are available . And that applies even to a box which has two tuners.
To my way of thinking I should be able to view at least two programs simultaneously[in different rooms of course] particularly since
the Sky box I have bought has this inbuilt capability, arising from the fact that Sky, in this case, have themselves broken their own prohibition on receiving two programs using one Card only. How much more useful a twin tuner box would be with with this capability!
I wonder how many have carried out such a modification?It doesn't seem to break the rules -does it !

It's not so much a prohibition on viewing two channels at once, but where those channels are viewed and by whom ....... Look, for example at the conditions surrounding use of properly acquired Multiroom Cards: There is a requirement for all boxes using these Cards to be connected to the same phone line, a measure intended to police compliance and prevent a second card being loaned out/sold/otherwise misused by someone other than the Subscriber's household.

Similarly, pairing of Card to Box helps prevent any Card, whether the main one or a multiroom one, being misused in such a way that a friend/neighbour/pub/club etc. could gain benefit without paying BSkyB directly for the service.

Platform providers are businesses and they are perfectly entitled to protect their income stream against the cheats and the unscrupulous.

mapex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
I got my probelm sorted out and im happy with it, took a bit of working out but hey...
so did finding 1w a few years ago...and the best bit of all sat stuff is when you work
it out it makes you feel good....sound a bit like a geek there...
I always end up back here...

thanks all

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Excellent glad you are sorted. Now I think we can put this thread to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.