can i do a firearm from one reciever to another while the one i am transferring data

hoopster

Reaction score
i just wanna ask if i can firearm a digital reciever that has encrypted channels in it
and what do i need to do in order to make the right transfer
please assist me if u can , i would really appreciat that

my email is awesome_699@hotmail.com
if u wanna write me direct
rob
( awaiting ur respond )

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Hoopster, not quite sure what you want to achieve. If you are considering shooting the receiver, then it is not recommended. If you want to make a software transfer between boxes, probably pretty much impossible.

rhao

Reaction score
Hello Rof,

Please help, what do i need to do to transfer between 2 boxes? What cable type needed? what steps? Much Thanx!

(in a satelite shop, i saw the technician attached a cable from one brand new receiver with codes to the old one, turn on/off and the transfer proceed) Is this the right procedure, I believe it needs more steps or details. Kindly advise!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but you are talking about satellite receivers rhao and it is not possible with many of them either, unless they have an export function in the main menu. As far as I know, it is not possible with any of the freeview boxes.