Can I do this? and will it be cheaper?

geebeeone

Reaction score
I want to upgrade to Sky+, would this be the cheapest way?

1. Cancel my existing package and subscription with Sky (Normal digibox which I have had for years).

2. Get my wife to take out a new subscription to sky+ (new customer £89 plus free installation plus half price viewing for 3 months).

Can this be done?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You may have a problem if she stays at the same address.

Talk to S*y and tell them you want to cancel - they may offer you a deal.

If they don't bite tell them you would stay if they match the deal offered for new users - surely worth a try?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:

If they don't bite tell them you would stay if they match the deal offered for new users - surely worth a try?

Rang Sky the other night. They had a Pace box with 160gb hd in it for 299 euro installed if you take out an extra sub for the old digibox. I already have an existing sub for extra card in Kitchen digibox. So I asked the guy If I would be able to go for ths sky + and not use the old digibox as dont want 3 digiboxes. He said no I would not be entitled to it because im not going to use the old digibox. I said that was bol**x because I already have a extra subscription for extra card. Well after hearing my fustration and dissapointment and just before I smacked down the phone he said that if I cancelled my extra card and rang back up again to upgrade to sky + I would be entitled to it. I said whats the point of cancelling it , to activate it again for sky + when you could just come out and install the sky + and change box id. Now wouldnt that be simpler. Must have been mad murdocks son on the phone. What plonkers. Just going to buy one off e bay and ring back up to change the box id.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
john_graydon said:
Must have been mad murdocks son on the phone. What plonkers.

FYI...

James Murdoch of S*y is the only one of Rupert's six children, from three marriages, to still have a senior position in News Corp after Lauchlan quit.

Do you think it was a dissapointment to old Rupert that his kids just didn't want to be part of the dynasty?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
FYI...

James Murdoch of S*y is the only one of Rupert's six children, from three marriages, to still have a senior position in News Corp after Lauchlan quit.

Do you think it was a dissapointment to old Rupert that his kids just didn't want to be part of the dynasty?

Maybe they are just bone lazy or the work is too hard.
Seen sky+ new for 212 euro on e bay, think there is a 40gb in it.

geebeeone

Reaction score
gameboy said:

I see your point gameboy, but as far as Sky knows I could have left home or gone abroad or got divorced so how could they stop my wife becoming a new customer?

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
why dont you go for the multi-room option then the extra subscription is only a tenner

geebeeone

Reaction score
twag42 said:
why dont you go for the multi-room option then the extra subscription is only a tenner

Because if you have the right package you do not have to pay £10 a month.