Can I use an irdeto CI+ cam with my passion?

adam watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, quattrro and m/s for 28.2, singles for 19.2 and 23.5. Sky HD and Fortec Star Passion HD
My Location
Berkshire, UK
Hi I have a Passion HD reciever and have just got a SkyLink card for the Slovak channels on 23.5. It requires an Irdeto CI+ CAM to work, will this work with my passion? Is a Irdeto CI+ cam all the same or do I need the SkyLink one?

Thanks

Adam

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
CI+ is a modern standard (around 2 years old), so if the PCMCIA module has it as part of the specification then it will work.

shipscat78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing yet...
My Location
Hertfordshire
Hi there

I am also about to get slovak tv and was also going to buy a box from slovakia.

However would the Skylink card work with a Humax FOXDSAT HDR?

The skylink website says the Humax 5100S has been tested to work.

Many thanks
Rich

Joeyblog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion + HD and Passion HD and HP DV7 laptop
My Location
United Kingdom
Rich/Adam
I have been using a Czech Skylink card with a Smit Irdeto CAM in both my Passion+ HD and Passion HD and could receive Slovak channels too. I replaced the card last year (Irdeto were stopping support for the Cryptoworks system) but the new card worked OK in the old Irdeto CAM. Just before Christmas I had a problem with the new card getting stuck in the CAM which caused 2 of the contacts to bend over backwards, break off and damage the card. I bought a new CAM but the card is not working now (I'm not popular with my Czech girlfriend who couldn't watch any fairy tales over Christmas!). I'll have to get a new card when I return to CZ in the spring.
Neil