Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dont be so impatient! - its New Year and many folk wont be around the forum.

If you have a linux box then card sharing is an option. But unless you have a very good friend its not going to be free

velcro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500s
My Location
Cyprus
sorry dude, was just a gentle nudge really:)

velcro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500s
My Location
Cyprus
Analoguesat said:
If you have a linux box then card sharing is an option. But unless you have a very good friend its not going to be free

tell me more...:-respekt

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nothing to tell really - you find a friend with a linux box who doesnt mind sharing the card with you. You both need reasonable speed broadband and set the sharing up between you.

The safest way to do it is for a small group of you to buy ONE subscription and share the cards between you, so you all have access to three or four subs.

You could buy into a commercial server which promises dozens of cards, but Ive seen various horror stories about the commercial sites - channels freezing every time theres a key change for instance - which is every few minutes on some providers.

Theres also the problem in that if the server owner gets busted then your IP address is available to the fraud squads!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Be aware that although we dont mind giving basic info on card sharing we WONT give detailed guides to anyone - its illegal in many countries and we dont want to cause the forum any trouble

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
check out cardshare.biz you might find what you are looking for there

velcro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500s
My Location
Cyprus
Thanks...Im'e a complete novice here so any info is good info:)

on another note, I have enigma on my DB, is that good enough?

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
dont know velcro i am still living in the dark ages as my sat gear is concerned it is linux based so you can put what you want on there as long as it is designed for the machine and this is the best place for learning theres a lot of helpfull people here thats why im here read and learn !

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox with router and pc
My Location
Nigeria
Hello

Enigma is the Linux-based firmware installed on the box when you buy it from the shop. Which allows you to run open-source on it.

If you haven't installed a image yet do so.

In Cyprus you should find plenty of card sharers who will install an image (most of the time its "Gemini" with mgcam only few use cccam) and a subscription for a year around plus minus 120 euros.

Depending who you find they will have the LTV package as extra.

But remember it also comes down to your isp and the router which they install. Just stay away from Telepas with there tplinks router.

velcro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500s
My Location
Cyprus
Thanks P3t3r_2 thats very helpfull info...:)

Roy