Can only get Eurobird not Astra 2A

Kilglass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Line
My Location
Sligo
Thanks a million for that . I'm not exactly sure how to do as you suggest but I will consult the user manual for the receiver and take it from there.
Thanks again.
Regards
satelliteman said:
Assuming you are locked on Eurobird, and you haven't got Astra 2 in your sat list you can do the following. Incidentally, it's only 0.3 deg separation co-located with Astra 2 as already discussed.

You could try and add the following transponders and then scan:

10714 H 22000 5/6
10758 V 22000 5/6
10773 H 22000 5/6
10788 V 22000 5/6
10906 V 22000 5/6
:)

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
65cm Dish and 'correctly skewed' LNB supplied in Maplin kit.
My Location
Yorkshire
I'm following this thread with particular interest because I have a very similar problem.
The only thing I don't know so far is did any of the excellent offered solutions fix his problem?

Strat (complete newby)

PS Totally new to this forum and I've noticed that some of the smilies would never get a look in on the Plusnet forum where I'm a regular.:)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi Strat,
welcome to the forum.
As mentioned, in the thread, the dish was aligned to the wrong satellite hence the problem picking up the required channels.
You state you have a similar problem, can you please provide a few more details, especialy what channels you're trying to get and what channels you are currently receiving.
I noticed you have the Fortec Passion+, you might want to look at other threads posted regarding your receiver, either use the search option at the top of the page or have a read through the fortec Star HD section:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/fortecstar-hd/

Have you updated the official firmware on your receiver?

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi Mickha
The channels I am after are the standard terrestrial ones like BBC1, ITV at present which would be a good start.

On channel 1 I have BBC HD but no signal. If I run up the channels there is no signal until I get to 11 ITV2+1 with "No Video and Audio" on screen.
Carry on up the channels until 17 Tiny Pop. I can find this on LyngSat under Eurobird 1 @ 28.5 11642. This lead me to think I was on the wrong satellite but I understand Astra 2 and Eurobird are 'in the same part of the sky'.

Have you updated the official firmware on your receiver?

Yes I have and I believe I should add 'unfortunately' as I read there is a bug in it. If it was windows driven I would probably roll back however...:confused

Thanks for your help so far :)

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
My Location
Yorkshire
Update to my previous post. I reset the dish alignment with no improvement...
However I remade the connection at the LNB end and noticed some improvement. I did a rescan and I now have BBC, ITV etc in the list although no solid picture or audio.
I'm now suspecting the cable and will look to replace it with a better quality one.

Edit: Having read a little more of the forum I'm now looking at the LNB Skew, something I knew nothing of until 20 minutes ago.
Talk about steep learning curves...

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
My Location
Yorkshire
Sorted with an LNB twist...thanks guys. :)