Can we still dowload from the DREAMBOX?

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax,Echostar,DVB,DISCEQ,Motor automatic,Pehla Europe card
My Location
France
Hi everyone! You know in the DREAMBOX in the blue panel, you can download keys, cam, can-config, plugins... I wanted to ask if we can still download things from there?
Actually whenever I install something, it says addon install succesful but when I saw the list of things installed, it doesn't appear there and the free disk space remains the same, for example if it's 140 KB left, and I install a cam of 40 kb, it remains 140. Does it mean it's not installing it? Can we still install with the DREAMBOX via the BLUE PANEL?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You can install cams and plugins from the blue button.

140kb isn't enough space to install into.

Can you put your image/ Dreambox model/ emus into your profile so we can help you better? On a 500s you can only get 2 emus e.g. newcamd and evocamd.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Ok so does it mean whatever I'm installing is not being installed? Please tell me yes because actually I installed something I didn't want to install and now I'm wondering if it's installed or not.

Can you also tell me? For example if a channel is coming fine and we install a new cam or cam-config, can it give problems to the channels which was coming fine like freezing the image or something like this or if it used to come fine, it'll still come fine after the new install?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
How much space do you have in %? Have you used more than 90% of your var space?

A cam won't cause a channel to freeze.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Yes I've used more than 90%

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
you won't be able to install anything else. You either need to delete a cam or some keys, or "upgrade" to Gemini MaxVar 3.1 - it has more space in var.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Whenever I try to delete cams or keys, it doesn't delete it!!! It says deleted but it's still in the list I don't know how to delete them. Can you tell me how to?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Sometimes it may work only after a reboot.
Also, after the reboot you may have deleted it, but the "undelete file" for whatever you had is still showing.
If you want to really clean it you should FTP and delete manually.
I got a tip for you: Once you loaded up a fresh image, sorted out the communication, and uploaded your channel list, make a backup before doing anything. Use flashwizard pro, only takes 2 minutes. Then, when you start to play with the image and delete/add stuff and it all goes wrong you can quickly upload the "clean" image.

Go through the VAr folder and see what is in there. Have a look at the uninstall folder. If you deleted a cam and there are still files of it there, delete them. Just do it, the worst that can happen is that you'll have to load up the backup image.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
I've restarted my image but still when I delete cams or keys, it's not deleting.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
I posted a topic about the fatal error when it shows can't find var/tuxbox something like this and when I reboot it also shows this message for 1 second so maybe this is the problem for everything.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
I have told you what I would do in my earlier post: Put in a new image.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
But if I want to put a new image, I'll have to delete some things which I can't delete!!! It's not that I don't want to delete it it's just that I can't. It doesn't delete it!!! I've tried everything you told me to delete but I still can't!!! I need to put new channels in my dreambox but I'm totally stuck to this problem.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If you put in a new image EVERYTHING will be deleted, all programs, all stations you start fresh.
You can also do a flash erase, that will also erase everything.

Just listen to me: Get flashwizard pro installed on your computer, and flash a new image onto your dreambox.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Should I do Factory Reset?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wesh said:
Should I do Factory Reset?

You can do a factory reset, delete everything or do anything you feel like, it is your dreambox after all.
I am getting a bit bored with this thread though. You keep on asking and asking, and you just won't listen what we say: Flash a new, clean image. Read the idiot guide, it tells you how to do it.

It seems you are looking to try anything but to take the advice given here, so why ask??

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
I installed FlashWizard but it's not connectable to my dreambox. I only have a dreambox connected to a router by ethernet. It's saying that it can't connect!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you put in the correct ip address, username and password?

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Yes the correct IP username : root password : dreambox. What else?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That should do it, if you go into your router control panel, can you see the Dreambox and PC listed as connected?

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Yeah it appears on the list but I still can't connect my Dreambox