Can We use Mono-Block LNB with 3 Meter or 3.8 M Dish ?

Moradabad

SAT SPECIALIST INDIA
My Satellite Setup
One 12 Feet Heavy Antenna, one 10 Feet Double Rib Antenna

Dreambox Dm500S, DM 7025. HD Receiver,Envision,
Eurostar receiver, 4 Dual LNBS, 5 PFA Lnbs
My Location
india
Hi,

I have a doubt I am able to get Hotbird, Eutelsat W3 @7E & Eurobird 9A signals on a 3 M to 3.8 Meter dish,

Can I use a Mono-Block lnb to get Eutelsat W3 @7E & Eurobird 9A @9E

Or

Can I use a Mono-Block lnb to get Eutelsat W3 @7E & Hotbird@13E

I know Mono can be used from 3 degree to 6 degree.

Any feedback will help me in understanding more.
:-worship
 
Monobloc LNb's are optimised for 80cm dishes.
 
pedro2000uk said:
Are they prime focus dishes or offset?


The dish is Offset one:-worship
 
As Satelliteman says.. most mono blocks are generally designed for smaller offset ku dishes = 80cm - but can be used on slightly larger or smaller dishes with a bit of acceptable loss on stronger satellites.

Trying to use a 6 or 3 degree monoblock on a 3m or 3.6m offset will result in a much smaller spread* so you need to look at separate lnbs on an adjustable multi lnb bracket with a separate diseqc or manual switch.

*a 6 degree monoblock on a 3m offset dish will give 1.6 degrees & 1.3 degrees separation on a 3.6m offset and 3 degree monoblock half those figures obviously.
 
You are absolutely correct,

Dear I noticed that a Mono Block LNB;s are very close to each other this works good for Small dishes, but I noticed in my 12 feet and 10 feet dish the LNB distance is quire apart.

The 13 east and 9 east LNB;s are attached with Brackets and they are around 2 feet far from each other.
 
Maybe a self made one with some electrical tape, seen similar on here before.
 
Generally what kind of LNB or LNB bracket is common in Europe to receive satellites like Eurobird9A and Eutelsat w3@75 ?
 
Back
Top