Canal Digitaal viewing card

kenny23

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like C+NL package - even just the Blauw/Rood part. They give stuff Sky never give. Live football on a SATURDAY afternoon :) and mature content that wasn't made for 12-year-olds :D

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
kenny23 said:
I like C+NL package - even just the Blauw/Rood part. They give stuff Sky never give. Live football on a SATURDAY afternoon :) and mature content that wasn't made for 12-year-olds :D

I'm not into watching football or mature content myself so cannot judge if its worth the money. To me its not worth €26,80 per month just for a couple of film channels that repeat a small number of films for a few months before changing them. Much of the Sport they transmit is American baseball etc. It would make much more sense for CanalDigitaal to have a separate sports channel.

The so called entertainment package is in my opinion a joke, it consists of X-Zone (mature content), cartoon network, TCM (free on astra2) and hallmark. For this you have to pay €17,50 pm (€9,50) without the mature content. To be able to subscribe to the entertainment package you must also subscribe to the basis package (€6,50 pm) bringing the price to €24 (€16 without the mature content). If you want the two Blauw/Rood film/football channels add another €26,80 pm to this.

CanalDigitaal is a total ripoff when compared with Sky.

mill9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
cjgall said:
I'm not into watching football or mature content myself so cannot judge if its worth the money. To me its not worth €26,80 per month just for a couple of film channels that repeat a small number of films for a few months before changing them. Much of the Sport they transmit is American baseball etc. It would make much more sense for CanalDigitaal to have a separate sports channel.

The so called entertainment package is in my opinion a joke, it consists of X-Zone (mature content), cartoon network, TCM (free on astra2) and hallmark. For this you have to pay €17,50 pm (€9,50) without the mature content. To be able to subscribe to the entertainment package you must also subscribe to the basis package (€6,50 pm) bringing the price to €24 (€16 without the mature content). If you want the two Blauw/Rood film/football channels add another €26,80 pm to this.

CanalDigitaal is a total ripoff when compared with Sky.

TCM may be free on SKY but the films are different!!

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
The films are the same during daytime, its in t he evening they are different. Also, TCM recycle the same movies on Sky as they do on CanalDigitaal, so all in all there is no difference other than lack of Dutch subtitles on most films.

David Adams

Reaction score
Sorry - I am completely new to this.

My partner is Dutch and moved to the UK this Summer.

The perfect Xmas present would be to receive Dutch TV. Can a standard Sky Digital installation receive all the Dutch channels listed below? If so is there any thing we need to do to change the settings? And where can I obtain a card?

I am sorry there are so many questions.

Regards,

David Adams

cjgall said:
I heard the NOS rumour too. It may be something similar to digitenne, i.e. after the Netherlands end all analogue transmissions, NED1, NED2 & NED3 will no longer be encoded, in other words they will FTA as is the UK's freeview.

I don't see a separate FTV card appearing for Dutch satellite broadcasts as the CanalDigitaal cards act as a FTV card (albeit a tad expensive) if you don't take out a subscription. As for the subscription packages offered, they are just not worth the extra cash.

The card does not come with a CAM although it should considering the high price. Even worse, the 'new'cards are in fact recycled ITN digital cards! Official Mediaguard receivers, like the Sky digiboxes have the CAM built in and are just as limited.
I use a Topfield box along with an Aston (Mediaguard) CAM for maximum compatability (although Magic CAM's with tetracrypt or pentacrypt also work) and an official viewing card, without subscription to any of the extra's. This costs me € 15 per year, thats all I pay. My Sky digibox which I use for viewing ITV, Channel 4 and Five is connected to the Topfields 2nd tuner loop through.

Its definately worth getting your hands on a CanalDigitaal card. As you no doubt know, the Dutch subtitle everything and many programs on the 10 or so main Dutch channels are British or American.

Here's a list of what you receive for €15 per year:
NED1, 2 & 3, BVN-TV, RTL 4, RTL 5, YORIN, NET 5, SBS 6, TMF, V8, BBC WORLD, EURONEWS, CNBC, CNN along with a number of radio stations.

All that for €15 per year is what I call good value!

Almost forgot, a TV guide can be found here:

http://www.veronica.nl/modules.php?name=satellitegids&site=satellitegids

or here:

http://www.tvgids.nl/alleprogrammas1.html

Bear in mind some of the series titles are translated, Wrekers = The Avengers etc.

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
David Adams said:
Sorry - I am completely new to this.

My partner is Dutch and moved to the UK this Summer.

The perfect Xmas present would be to receive Dutch TV. Can a standard Sky Digital installation receive all the Dutch channels listed below? If so is there any thing we need to do to change the settings? And where can I obtain a card?

I am sorry there are so many questions.

Regards,

David Adams
I'm afraid Sky digibox's cannot decode Dutch satellite TV as the Dutch use a different encryption system (Seca2). Also the Dutch use a different satellite position, Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees East. The only way for you to get Dutch TV would be to buy a second receiver, either an official mediaguard receiver or a 'universal' receiver with a CAM. You would also nreed to install a second dish or motorize your current dish. Dutch satellite smart cards can be bought over the couter from any satellite dealer in Holland and cost about 70 Euro's.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
What is the latest news on a Solus Card fro Canal Nl. Is there one available now because digicams offer one for £200+

Shahid

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
Shahid said:
What is the latest news on a Solus Card fro Canal Nl. Is there one available now because digicams offer one for £200+

Shahid
Assuming you mean Canaal Digitaal then nothing has changed, if you can obtain one in Holland then they cost about 75 Euro's (£50) and 19,95 Euro's per year (about £14). Its not a solus card as such as you can use it to subscribe to the canal digitaal packages.

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
I was just on the digicams website, they have a 'special offer' for the canal digitaal card, it cost £516 and it appears to include the three canal+ channels. This basically works out at about double the normal price, it the card doens't incluse canal+ then it works out at about 8 times the normal price as all the mainstream Dutch channels are FTV on digital satallite.

This reminds me of a dealer in the Netherlands, I asked them out of curiosity what their (old model) panasonic sky digiboxes cost without smart a card (just in case my box dies), they told me 750 euro's (£500) each. Obviously its much cheaper to fly to the UK and buy one personally.