Cannot get a code to pair Freesat Box with App

Neil D

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish with new 4K recordable Freesat box, Sony TV
My Location
West Sussex
Hello,

I have just purchased a Freesat box to run on an existing sky dish. All working normally apart from the fact that cant get the box to pair with the Freesat App on my phone. I have followed all the instructions I think, going to settings and Freesat Account, it then asks me to log into my account and when I get to the end of the process it just returns to the main menu, no code. Tried this multiple times. I need to use the app as the box is remote from the TV

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Is the Freesat receiver connected to the internet? You could try contacting Freesat support:

Code:
https://www.freesat.co.uk/about/contact-us

Neil D

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish with new 4K recordable Freesat box, Sony TV
My Location
West Sussex
Yes I should have said. Yes connected to the internet (via Starlink) and I have tried it with both a wired and wireless connection, same result.

Thanks for the support link, sorry hadn't tried that, I just assumed no one would be available to offer support

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Do all the other Freesat online functions (e.g. iPlayer) work when connected via Starlink? You could try connecting the receiver to your phone's hotspot and use its mobile data.