cannot tune in many channels since i reflashed my dm500s

daveg50_0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm fortec star dish +dm500s
My Location
stoke on trent , staffordshire
Hi about ten days ago i tried to upload a bouquet to my dreambox via dreambox edit but during this process my box just went black and so i reflashed darkstar 2 via dream up and all seemed ok again,that was untill i tuned in the satellites 13e and 28.2 e which also found a decent signal but when i scan for channels on these they are finding very few channels ,for example hotbird is only taking about 2 mins to scan and finding about 100 channels as opposed to the 1500 or so i had before and 28.2 isnt showing any of the sly channels at all so i am confused as what to do as i am reasonably new to all this.could during the ten days or so my box was down maybe the dish has moved due to the very windy weather we have had and if so is there a way of checking this without having to go to the dish as its very high and dont fancy getting the ladders out unless i really have too. sorry for the long post but not sure what to do and any help will be really appreciated. thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well the first thing you need to do is work out of the dish has moved - you are wasting your time trying to get anywhere else until this critical information is confirmed.

Is the dish motorised or static with multiple lnb's? If its the latter have yyou set the disecq switching up properly?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Reflash to the older image and try again. If there is still no joy, then you can start thinking about ladders.

daveg50_0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hi thanks for the replies it is a single lnb and motorised and i have since reflashed with the old image and still the same so ladders it is then. i dont have a meter so what is the best alternative way to reallign would it be to put reviever on 28.2 and manually get the best signal cheers.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well as you are getting some results, any alignment error will be very small. Generally, the misalignment due to wind is due to the dish/motor slipping around the mounting pole - but be aware we did (unusually) have a recent case where elevation had dropped.

Mark the position of the assembly with respect to the pole and then gently press it a very small amount one way - if results are worse, go the other way. Repeat until happy, then apply an extra quarter turn to the clamps.

Before you do that, check the mounting pole itself hasn't slumped a tiny bit - if you are using T&K, sometimes the pole has freedom to explore previously uncharted parts of the slotted holes!

daveg50_0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
thanks tivu will look to do that this weekend and post back the results cheers

A nonymous

Reaction score
Before you get the ladder out i suggest either updating your satellites.xml file or tick in the extended networks search in the transponder edit page.

That setting mill make sure that the receiver scans in as many channels as it can see, not just the ones in the transponder list.

You'll find it in menu -> setup -> Service searching -> transponder edit

just select the sat and press ok on the remote to access the tick boxes.

Nano

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 51
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 31

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
nanochickin said:
Before you get the ladder out i suggest either updating your satellites.xml file or tick in the extended networks search in the transponder edit page.

That setting mill make sure that the receiver scans in as many channels as it can see, not just the ones in the transponder list.

You'll find it in menu -> setup -> Service searching -> transponder edit

just select the sat and press ok on the remote to access the tick boxes.

Nano

40208d1326300573t-screen1.jpg.att

In that screeny, what does the BAT option do? I`ve noticed it before but never ticked it

mackem73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s, Technomate TM800 HD, 1.2 m dish on motor.
My Location
durham
Hi, i am having very similar problems. I have other frequencies 13, 16, 19.2 etc..... but NOTHING on 28.2 including bbc etc. I am wondering if it is from the high winds last week. And if so, how do istill pick up the other signals with no problem.
Sorry if i sound thick, but i'm new to all this, and the guy who installed my system is impossible to get hold of now.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi mackem73

We have installers all over the country.

If you want to ask for help put a request in this section:

Installer Wanted

making sure you put your nearest big town in the subject line, and a basic description of what needs doing.

However, we encourage everyone to have a go themselves - theres no black magic to tweaking dishes and most of our members who have a go themselves get there eventually with a bit of help & encouragement.

:)

mackem73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s, Technomate TM800 HD, 1.2 m dish on motor.
My Location
durham
Analoguesat Thanks for your reply. I am also looking to install a brand new technomate tm800 hd. Is there a step by step idiots guide i could follow?
I live in the Durham area, so will look into installers but may still have a go at aligning the dish myself.
Many thanks,