Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
DLink Wireless Router
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Spain
Hi Guys

Trying to share my Sky with a neighbour and I seem to be having a problem accessing the dreambox from his house. I have read thoroughly through all the idiot guides and setup guides on the Dreambox 500 and Im pretty close to getting this setup.

My Setup:
-----------
Image: Gemini 3.6
Cam: CCcam 2.0.4
Dreambox 500s
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
IP address gateway 192.168.1.1
Manually configured my IP address of PC to 192.168.1.3
Set my port forward rules up on IP addy of 192.168.1.3
changed my password for Dreambox

IP address of Dreambox in communications setup is 192.168.1.4 with port 80, DHCP not checked

I have setup a dyndns.org account with domain = myaccount.dyndns.org

From My Computer:
---------------------
When I enter http://myaccount.dyndns.org into Firefox it asks me to login with UN & Pswd and then I can access my Router,
When I enter ftp://myaccount.dyndns.org into Firefox it doesnt do anything blank page with done in bottom left corner.

When I enter http://**.**.240.230 into Firefox it asks me to login with UN & Pswd and then I can access my Router,
When I enter ftp://**.**.240.230 into Firefox it doesnt do anything blank page with done in bottom left corner.

In IE when I enter http://**.**.240.230 it asks me to login with UN & Pswd and then I can access my Router,
In IE when I enter ftp://**.**.240.230 it brings up error message

"Windows cannot access this folder. Details: the ftp session was terminated"

I have setup port forward on ports 21 and 80 for TCP on my router

CuteFTP:
-------------
Using CuteFTP I can access Dreambox via 192.168.1.4 as my host name (ftp port 21)

When I try to access Dreambox using host name of ftp://myaccount.dyndns.org
or external IP using CuteFTP I get the following

STATUS:> [19/03/2009 08:28:41] Resolving host name myaccount.dyndns.org...
STATUS:> [19/03/2009 08:28:41] Host name myaccount.dyndns.org
resolved: ip = **.**.240.230.
STATUS:> [19/03/2009 08:28:41] Connecting to FTP server... myaccount.dyndns.org:21 (ip = **.**.240.230)...
STATUS:> [19/03/2009 08:28:41] Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...
ERROR:> [19/03/2009 08:28:41] Control connection closed.

Should i get a welcome message when i try to log in via CuteFTP?

what steps should i take to be able to overcome this.

Regards

Stuart

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I replaced your dyndns account name & IP address ...

To share your card you need to use CCcam and setup ports for it; 21 is for FTP. Have you looked at the CCcam tutorial?

If you want to access your WebIF try http://myaccount.dyndns.org:80 (I can't test this from inside my network as my router doesn't allow it).

When you connect using FTP are you prompted for a username & password? Is it admin?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
sjewson said:
Manually configured my IP address of PC to 192.168.1.3
Set my port forward rules up on IP addy of 192.168.1.3
changed my password for Dreambox

IP address of Dreambox in communications setup is 192.168.1.4 with port 80, DHCP not checked
If you want to access your Dreambox remotely, you need to forward those ports to your dreambox IP, not the computer.

sjewson said:
When I enter http://myaccount.dyndns.org into Firefox it asks me to login with UN & Pswd and then I can access my Router,................................

If port forwarding was set up correctly you should be seeing the dreambox webIF, not the routers webIF.

This is probably why FTP is failing, you are trying to FTP to your router which probably doesnt support it.

None of this has anything to do with card sharing, your neighbour doesnt need to have the level of access you are trying to set up here.

sjewson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
DLink Wireless Router
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Spain
mhku said:
I replaced your dyndns account name & IP address ...

To share your card you need to use CCcam and setup ports for it; 21 is for FTP. Have you looked at the CCcam tutorial?

If you want to access your WebIF try http://myaccount.dyndns.org:80 (I can't test this from inside my network as my router doesn't allow it).

When you connect using FTP are you prompted for a username & password? Is it admin?

Yes I looked at your CCcam.xls file Tutorial and I understood the 3 lines that I need to use, 2 of which are in my config file

SERVER LISTEN PORT: (port no as in communication setup on Dreambox)
C:mydnsaddress port no UN Pswd (sent to client)
F: UN Pswd 1 0 0 {0:0:1} (i add this to my config)

I thought that the client wouldnt be able to access my configuration unless i opened my ports and provided the access that I seem to be struggling with, or am i overlooking something fundamental here. Please correct me where appropriate as Ive done a lot of reading but as you can tell Im quite new to this.

Ive opened ports 80 and 21 and checked these on http://www.canyouseeme.org/ which says they are open.

Yes when i enter http://myaccount.dyndns.org:80 Im prompted for my routers username and password. I can then log in to my router.

Is there a test that I can do on my system to verify that my ports are forwarded correctly and that my neighbour will be able to acess what he needs to share my card?

Thanks for your help so far

sjewson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
DLink Wireless Router
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Spain
compufunk said:
If you want to access your Dreambox remotely, you need to forward those ports to your dreambox IP, not the computer.

If port forwarding was set up correctly you should be seeing the dreambox webIF, not the routers webIF.

This is probably why FTP is failing, you are trying to FTP to your router which probably doesnt support it.

None of this has anything to do with card sharing, your neighbour doesnt need to have the level of access you are trying to set up here.

I took your advice and setup the port forward on the Dreambox IP, but still taking me to routers webIF.

With regards to cardsharing what level of access does my neighbour need to share my card? I thought he needed to be able to access my Dreambox, sorry if im a mile out here, quite new to this.

Do I need to setup a CCcam server on my Windows PC before i go any further?

any further advice is muchly appreciated

Thanks for your help so far

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Your PC plays no role in this scenario.

Are you trying to access the remote IP from within your LAN?

Ports 80 and 21 are not used for CCcam. CCcam uses 16001 - it should say in the tutorial.

I suggest you fix whichever issue concerns you most - either webIF access OR CCcam. Doing both in the same posts is confusing the issue.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
All you need to do is...

Install CCcam on both boxes.

Set it up as the default EMU/CAM on both boxes and start it.

Modify the config files with your F and C lines as you described above.

Set your router up to forward port 12000 to your dreambox, (Provided you didnt change SERVER LISTEN PORT to something else) I recommend you delete any previous forwarding settings and start from scratch to make things easier.

Thats it.

For a more detailed view of whats going on, you can install the CCcamInfo plugin from the addons menu, this will allow you to see whether you are at least making a connection.

If you are still having trouble,
Have a look at your routers firewall settings, my router wont forward any ports, even when port forwarding is set up, not until I relax the fire wall rules to allow it. It defaults to rules that dont allow any forwarding.

sjewson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
DLink Wireless Router
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Spain
Muchas Gracias!! problem solved:

By removing the previous port settings and re-opening them in the router managed to get things working.

Many thanks for all the help guys

bbeeaannoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 800hd and 500c
My Location
ireland
hi, I'm having a similar problem if anyone can please help,

I have setup debian server with static ip and smargo and s** card I have 2x dreambox 800hd and 4x 500 boxes, server is on port 2000, I have tried other ports 11000,12000,13450 and others but can only share my card internally, I have dyndns setup to my routers wan ip address, I have also tried setting to my external ip, port 2000 is open i have checked, i have given my friend a cline and added corresponding f line into debian config my debian netstat output is as follows,PID/Program name

admin edit - detailed cam info removed

when i ping my dyndns address it resolves to router wan ip
I have forward port 2000 to my debian server, I have even put in in dmz in router, I have purchased 3 routers to rule that out, i even have a mobile broadband with router which gives me the same results, I have also tried ubuntu as a server, needless to say i have not got much hair left, been trying to resolve for months now, if anyone can help I will send you a cline for test if needed(and if it works you can keep it)
as I say my server works great inside my network but my friend cant see me or get share

i have provided as much info as i can think of if you need any more let me know,

Regards and thanks in advance,

bbeeaannoo.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please dont post detailed cam logs on the forum. It just encourages folks to ask for card sharing help, and we have reduced the amount of help we will supply to protect the long term future of the forum.

As you are asking for help from a UK based forum to defraud the biggest uk tv provider Im going to close this thread. Please do not ask this question again on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.