Cant decide on first satellitte install, advice welcomed!

deano1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Looking at 1m COMPLETE MOTORISED TM-6800HD Super+ SATELLITE SYSTEM
1m / TM-6800 HD Super+ / TM-2600 / TM-1 / 550mm / CABLE but open to recommendations/advice
My Location
Manchester
Hi all, Great forum, with some great posts, Learnt alot already!!

I am based in Manchester and looking for help on what to buy/recommendations for my first install. Have seen the following systems withing my budget.

(1) Fracarro Penta Digit 80cm Dish, Technomate TM-2300 Motor, Technomate TM-9100 Super Linux Reciever, 0.2 ICE LNB. Package 273

(2) 80cm or 1m Dark grey High Gain Solid Dish, Technomate TM-2300 Motor, Spiderbox HD7000 Receiver, Technomate TM-1 Universal 0.1dB Single LNB . Package 303

(3) (2) 80cm or 1m Dark grey High Gain Solid Dish, Technomate TM-2300 Motor, TM-800HD Receiver, Technomate TM-1 Universal 0.1dB Single LNB. Package 375.

ok thats what ive been considering, What are your thoughts? the third option at a push but if far superior willing to spend upto that! or any other systems, dishes, recievers, motors, lnbs, you would all recommend, would have to have a combined cost for full system 250 to 400 max.

Thanks for reading, advice apprieciated.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum deano.

Dish hardware, the FR PENTA 85cm with a 2300/2600 motor would be a very nice purchase. Several receivers to choose from depending on requirements :)

deano1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m / TM-6800 HD Super+ / TM-2600 / TM-1 / 550mm / CABLE but open to recommendations/advice
My Location
Manchester
Thanks for quick reply and welcome! preferably linux or futureproof? would need ethernet port!!! and preferably not fixed to a certain server believe spiderbox is? also looking for cpanel for add ons or internet updates is this in the image installed itself and is this available for technomate? would like card slot for option of football card in future if needed, would smart card reader in technomate read tring etc? or would i need reciever with CI Slot, HD would be nice is that the only benefit of TM800 over TM9100? Any other options you could recommend, also would the fr penta 85cm be sufficient to pick up most signals from manchester? main interest 3pm football :) Thanks again Deano.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The Spiderbox is not fixed to a certain server. But it is not an open source receiver like the other two are. Yes the TMs you mention are Linux based, not used both those models, but I have the Tm600 and used the TM9100, uodates were available using buttons on the remote and its internet connection.

Not sure about the Tring card, as it needs to be activated. Not all hardware/software can do that.

Sandybob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Channel Master and polar mount, 1.2 Gibertini, 1m Orbital, SG2100A, tm-5400, tm-600 linux, manhattan xt-cm, v-box III, and lots of other stuff in the attic!
My Location
uk
Just my opinion, but a linux box may not be the best first choice for anyone installing their first motorized system. I would go for a cheap, easy to use s/h box like any Technomate 5000 series just to set the motor and arc up first, then decide which box to go for. Linux boxes "can" take a "little" time to get used to and setup. The TM-800 is not a finished product yet and is still awaiting an image that does everything it is advertised as doing, but thats not to say that at some point it may become a good box.
Other popular boxes at the moment are the spiderbox 9000 (non linux) and the vu+ duo (but you wont like the price of the vu+)
As for dishes I would go for at least a named dish, Fracarro, Gibertini, Orbital, and an Inverto black line ultra Lnb. They do sell some crap on fleabay though.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The first thing you need to ask yourself is "what do you want to be able to receive?"

Until you decide that we cant really make any suggestions

DONT say "everything" - thats not possible :D

deano1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
Thanks for the replies!

Basically Main interest is Man Utd Games including 3pm's,

Prefer Linux as previously had itgate on cable so quite happy flashing images, ftp files, editing bouquets etc but prefer if can just do internet update when new image available etc.

Been considering spiderbox too, but not open source, so worried could these become doorstops in 12 months and heard server glitches?

Any recommendations? Thanks

D

deleted

Hi Deano.

first as analoguesat said, decide what you want to recieve ,purchase etc, and i am local to you and could advise you on installation etc.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If dale's reply seems odd he couldnt see your last post as it was in the moderation queue and was replying to the previous one. :)

Ok your main interest is football - how much are you willing to spend?? An HD sub for Sky Italia is 1500 quid a year if you have to use a uk based reseller :D

A Tring (standard def) card will be nearer 300 but there are comments about how poor the pictures are some weeks.

deano1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
dale094 said:
Hi Deano.

first as analoguesat said, decide what you want to recieve ,purchase etc, and i am local to you and could advise you on installation etc.

Hi Dale, Was looking to contact you when purchased a system for an install, i've read the local installers post and see your highly recommended!! Am moving house and have completion date 30 Sep so will be looking for install shortly after that.

Analogue think Italia card is out of the question!! would be tring if subbed card was the best option. But thinking more along the lines of the not talked about thing!

Admin could i have enable PM to contact dale directly? P.s is there a certain amount of posts before get unrestricted access, Thanks